Scary blues

Imagine picking up a hitch hiker who seems really jovial and upbeat southern and friendly, stupid as a box of nails but naive and harmless then complete silence the whole ride…scary…

that’s the screen play as the car door closes, the silence begins and this song plays:

Applebutter Road

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Wow great song idea there jeremy!
Scary northeastern imagination? :laugh:

Quote: (Levi @ Sep. 23 2009, 11:49 AM)

Wow great song idea there jeremy!
Scary northeastern imagination? :laugh:

YEa it's kinda in the Leonard Cohen vein, as if I could ever hold a candle to that guy!

The most I can hope for is some obscure indie movie soundtrack, a b-side...:)

keep shinin

Cool tune Jerem, I likes! :agree:

vocals are really very good in this, love your diction. great work :)

keep shinin :wink:

Tanx guys/gal,

now I have to go look up diction…I am not as educated as El Wapo.

keep shinin

Hi jeremysdemo:

Nice dynamic energy going on there…
Very creative as well…
The noise floor is great…
the outro shows it… :agree:
:)

It sounds like a PA redneck wantta-be guy to me…
Is there any redneck guys in PA.

D…
????

Bill…

Quote: (woxnerw @ Sep. 24 2009, 5:13 PM)

Hi jeremysdemo:

Nice dynamic energy going on there..
Very creative as well..
The noise floor is great..
the outro shows it.. :agree:

It sounds like a PA redneck wantta-be guy to me..
Is there any redneck guys in PA.

D..
????

Bill..

Greeeeeat! now I have to go look up noise floor too.....I had a person tell me the mix was muggy in another forum....eek!

I was born in East LA, no REALLY! Memorial Hospital, then spent my adolescent years in Dyer, Arkansas population 526, spent a 3 year stint in Nashville in my twenties as well.

IF anything I am a wanna be Yankee, to be honest I'm not really accepted anywhere I go.... :)

TO answer the question there are rednecks in PA, some of the worst bigoted kind IMHO.

keep shinin

Quote:

now I have to go look up diction

basically, I thought that the way you used your diction (emphasis an elements of pronunciation; as I understand it anyhoo) helped you to give the words character and really make each word stand out...it's so refreshing for a song to be clear so that you can actually make out the lyrics with ease.

:cool:
Quote:

I have to go look up noise floor

Usually the floor in the hospital where babies are delivered...

D
Quote:

or where the 'mentally hilarious' folks are kept

That’s between the

“Moise” floor and the “Oise” floor…

OR
something…

:p
:laugh:
:p

Bill…

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Sep. 30 2009, 3:47 PM)

Quote:

or where the 'mentally hilarious' folks are kept

Hey?!?!?

I resemble that remark...

D

Yeah, definitely a cool tune. This may be the best recording/mixing job I’ve heard you do. :)

Nice job Jerm. Great drivin’ blues feel. Nice sound balance…well done! :agree:

This tune has a cool “swagger” to it that I dig. Good job. :agree:

You know I love you all, but this used to be a good place to get a good spakin on a tune, to muggy, to much verb on the vocal, bass off beat, etc etc… so I could really hone in on the problems and work on how it could be better :p

Don’t worry I can take it! don’t hold back! :)

Thanx for all the kind words guys, I love ya just the same.

keep shinin

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Oct. 04 2009, 8:02 PM)

You know I love you all, but this used to be a good place to get a good spakin on a tune, to muggy, to much verb on the vocal, bass off beat, etc etc.... so I could really hone in on the problems and work on how it could be better :p

Don't worry I can take it! don't hold back! :)

Thanx for all the kind words guys, I love ya just the same.

keep shinin

Hmm..well, actually now that I think of it after a 2nd listen, the high end is too trebly, the mix was about as mushy as a bowl of my granny's swill, and I could hear generalized pops, clicks and glitches, probably attributed to the cheap-ass Wal-Mart class HP Pavilion pc you're running nTrack on. The guitar work reminded me of some of Tom DeLonge's early drunken garage band riffs and the drums....well....where'd you find the baboon to beat on those toms?

Tht oughta tear you a 'good enuff' one for now..... :whistle: :laugh:
Quote: (kevinmyers @ Oct. 02 2009, 11:41 AM)

Yeah, definitely a cool tune. This may be the best recording/mixing job I've heard you do.

IT's all FreeQ presets, that's what I love about them, just click "acoustic guitar" or "lead vocal" or "70's kit" and sit back and enjoy the mix down!

I plan a re-recording the 12 string through ART tube preamp instead of the JAzz setting on the GNX4. (although I may still use the amp preset just want to add some warmth to it)

And I have restored my faith in using REAL amps to record with the Mesa's record out demonstrated in the slide on this song.(I also sent it through a Cakewalk delay to help it sit better in the mix, which seemed to cut some of the thickness of th
I also sent the keyboard through a Cakewalk tremelo amp sim plug as well.

So really there was very little mixing going on each instrument just found their pocket on their own.

keep shinin