Scary blues

Quote: (Hugh Jass @ Oct. 04 2009, 8:12 PM)

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Oct. 04 2009, 8:02 PM)

You know I love you all, but this used to be a good place to get a good spakin on a tune, to muggy, to much verb on the vocal, bass off beat, etc etc.... so I could really hone in on the problems and work on how it could be better :p

Don't worry I can take it! don't hold back!

Thanx for all the kind words guys, I love ya just the same.

keep shinin

jerm

Hmm..well, actually now that I think of it after a 2nd listen, the high end is too trebly, the mix was about as mushy as a bowl of my granny's swill, and I could hear generalized pops, clicks and glitches, probably attributed to the cheap-ass Wal-Mart class HP Pavilion pc you're running nTrack on.
The guitar work reminded me of some of Tom DeLonge's early drunken garage band riffs and the drums....well....where'd you find the baboon to beat on those toms?

Tht oughta tear you a 'good enuff' one for now.....
:whistle:
:laugh:

the high end is too trebly

I agree, reference the previous post to see how I plan on redeeming that at least for the 12 string strumming.
I tend to have not enough high end in my recordings so I did crank it a bit intentionally on the Jazz setting from the GNX4, perhaps pull back the reigns a bit next pass....

the mix was about as mushy as a bowl of my granny's swill,

You're probably right on this too, you get what you pay for and FreeQ presets are just that, free.

and I could hear generalized pops, clicks and glitches, probably attributed to the cheap-ass Wal-Mart class HP Pavilion pc you're running nTrack on.

Now I know your yankin my chain, I already knew, but this is the give away, since I hear none in the mix.
I wouldn't attribute a pop or click to a particular quality of PC even if one did occur, more often than not it is an editing error or sound card driver issue or sometimes related to lack of power conditioning and/or over saturation of input going in.

The guitar work reminded me of some of Tom DeLonge's early drunken garage band riffs and the drums..

Thanks! that's exactly what I was going for! nice to know I nailed it first try!
:D

and the drums....well....where'd you find the baboon to beat on those toms?

I could not agree more, canned drums have never been big on my wish list, monkey in a can in this case and he is highly offended that you have mistake him for a baboon, the drummer that usually does my tracks is busy right now working on a few other tunes,(which I would not post here with all the industry people lurking around) this one is nothing serious so it's kinda back burner right now, maybe one day I'll get around to finishing it.

keep shinin

jerm :cool: