Schaller locking tuning machines

Hey any of you guys use these. They are on my Tele HH.

Am Ii reading correctly here, all I have to do is position the thread hole correctly, string through, hold with hand tension and lock then tune, no tree winding needed?

My Yamaha, then my Nashville Power Tele will be getting a set of these if they do indeed work that way.

Yep. Poke the end through, add slight tension, lock 'em down and tune up. Those things are GREAT in my opinion. String changes are at LEAST fifty percent faster with locking tuners. Probably 75-80% faster… Love 'em!

D

locking tuners are the cats ass…your string vibrates better and no one can get into a religous argument talkin bout em.

LOL …good one WOZ. I hear the Christian God uses Sperzels, Budah goes with Ping tuners, and Yeweh apparently likes all tuners except those manufactured in Germany.

Indeedy they sound too good to be true.

Full string change now takes me about 20-30 minutes. Sounds like I can cut that down to 10 or less.

Check out the Planet Wave Auto-trim machines. Very nice design… smoother than Sperzels and they automatically trim the excess string off when you tune up. Ya gotta love Ned Steinberger…

Quote (DrGuitar @ June 07 2006,00:14)
Check out the Planet Wave Auto-trim machines. Very nice design... smoother than Sperzels and they automatically trim the excess string off when you tune up. Ya gotta love Ned Steinberger....

Ned Steinberger... true visionary IMO. I agree Doc. I've been jonesin' for "broom" for a while now to travel with me. The broom in a hardcase slides right into an overhead bin on the plane, yet it still feels and plays like a "real" guitar.

D