Senate stem cell vote

Vote.

Those evil, partisan Democrat’s are up to their old tricks again! Only 1 voted Ney against the stem cell bill, whereas a bunch of Republicans voted Yea. If those Democrat’s had voted their conscience then they should have defeated this bill!

Too funny - ksdb. Politics is politics. When it’s on your side it’s OK but when it’s not, it’s wrong.

Hooray! :)

Quote (TomS @ July 18 2006,23:54)
Hooray! :)

Bush's threat to veto stem cell funding is morally bankrupt
Scott Rosenberg of Salon has an excellent blog entry explaining why Bush's threat to veto federal funding of stem cell research is shamefully ridiculous.
Here is why Bush's position is a joke: Thousands and thousands of embryos are destroyed every year in fertility clinics. They are created in petri dishes as part of fertility treatments like IVF; then they are discarded. If Bush and his administration truly believe that destroying an embryo is a kind of murder, they shouldn't be wasting their time arguing about research funding: They should immediately shut down every fertility clinic in the country, arrest the doctors and staff who operate them, and charge all the wannabe parents who have been wantonly slaughtering legions of the unborn. But of course they'll never do such a thing. (Nor, to be absolutely clear, do I think they should.) Bush could not care less about this issue except as far as it helps burnish his pro-life credentials among his "base."

Link TO Story

KF

Quote (Mr Soul @ July 19 2006,12:40)
Vote.

Those evil, partisan Democrat’s are up to their old tricks again! Only 1 voted Ney against the stem cell bill, whereas a bunch of Republicans voted Yea. If those Democrat’s had voted their conscience then they should have defeated this bill!

Too funny - ksdb. Politics is politics. When it’s on your side it’s OK but when it’s not, it’s wrong.

They voted “Ney??” Was this a Freudian thing (even though Ney has nothing to do with this issue)??

You make a powerful point. More Republicans broke ranks than Democrats. It’s pretty hard to make a case that Republicans are partisan hacks when they don’t behave in lockstep the way Democrats do. Thanks Mr Soul. Appreciate that you see the light now.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Thanks Mr Soul. Appreciate that you see the light now.

You’re welcome Joe, but I was being facetious.

No, say it ain’t so. You mean you really weren’t serious when you said the Democrats are evil?? Nevertheless, you’re facetiousness fell flat because you provided an excellent example of Democrat partisanship. And again, I thank yuh, thank yuh vairrry much.

Nope. Most all votes are partisan, and usually one side is right & one is wrong. The Democrats & the Republicans who sided with them are right this time.

Quote (ksdb @ July 19 2006,03:14)
No, say it ain't so. You mean you really weren't serious when you said the Democrats are evil?? Nevertheless, you're facetiousness fell flat because you provided an excellent example of Democrat partisanship. And again, I thank yuh, thank yuh vairrry much.

Quite a shame really. Embryonic Stem Cell Research might have been able to find a cure for you.

Oh my...the Democrats voted their party platform!

In the Democratic party there is little argument on Embryonic Stem Cell Research.

All the major arguments are in the republiconartist party.....ie. Nancy Reagan vs. V.I. Bush.

KF

Quote (KingFish @ July 19 2006,16:35)

Quite a shame really. Embryonic Stem Cell Research might have been able to find a cure for you.

What, you mean it would help get rid of annoying cling-ons and pests?? Wow, how did the human race survive the last 50,000 years without ESTR??

Oh my…the Democrats voted their party platform!

So you admit they’re partisan too. Thanks for supporting my point.

In the Democratic party there is little argument on Embryonic Stem Cell Research.

IOW, no dissent, just a lockstep, partisan block.

All the major arguments are in the republiconartist party…ie. Nancy Reagan vs. V.I. Bush.

KF

And debate is bad??

<!–QuoteBegin>

Wow, how did the human race survive the last 50,000 years without ESTR??

We actually survived the last 1 - 2 millions years because of evolution - natural selection selected homids with larger brains. With those larger brains, we learned to do lots of things, one of those was to take care of ourselves. ESTR is the latest of those things we learned how to do.

BTW - thanks for admitting that our species has been around at least for 50,000 years.

Quote (Mr Soul @ July 19 2006,17:20)
<!–QuoteBegin>
Wow, how did the human race survive the last 50,000 years without ESTR??

We actually survived the last 1 - 2 millions years because of evolution - natural selection selected homids with larger brains. With those larger brains, we learned to do lots of things, one of those was to take care of ourselves. ESTR is the latest of those things we learned how to do.

Yet other creatures survive just fine without larger brains (no offense), with minimal evolution and without ESTR.

Quote (Mr Soul @ July 19 2006,17:20)
BTW - thanks for admitting that our species has been around at least for 50,000 years.

B-b-b-but you said I’m an extreme right-winger.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Yet other creatures survive just fine without larger brains (no offense), with minimal evolution and without ESTR.

This statement is not relevant.

Are you actually admitting that humans have been around at least for 50,000 years?