Separate Input and Output Devices

Separate Input and Output Devices

Hello, I am new to n-Track. I would like to use my Tascam US-122 as my output device only (its connected to my speakers and headphones), and I would like to use the S/PDIF of my Opcode Sonicport as my input device (being fed by TC Helicon VoiceWorks effects unit). I would also like to be able to feed the output of certain tracks back to the VoiceWorks and add effects, and record the new output on a separate track.

I do not currently have an ASIO device driver for the Sonicport, but one is available from here, so I thought I’d use that for lowest possible latency.

Is this possible?

I don’t think you can load more than one ASIO driver at a time… can you? Maybe if you ran WDM on the Tascam and ASIO on the other… ???

D

Thank you for the reply.

It appears that you can’t run more than one ASIO device or an ASIO device at the same time as a WDM or MME device. So I probably can’t do what I want with n-Track. I wonder if this is a limitation of n-Track or of the Windows operating system itself?

i think that’s more of a general OS problem, than an ntrack problem specificially. Could you run both of your sources in WDM mode?

Yes, I just tried, and both devices will run simultaneously in WDM mode. The only reason I wanted to use ASIO was I though that the latency would be significantly less using ASIO drivers.

…but maybe that is a misunderstanding on my part as to the difference between WDM and ASIO. Having done a bit of research its possible that I’d be better off with WDM.

yep, not always is ASIO faster, or better. some find it flaky, and less efficient.

WDM is certainly a good viable option.

Thank you everyone for all the help.