Sequencer Using Analog Files Instead of Midi

Can the Sequencer in the new Version 8 sequence analog audio files instead of midi? If not, is there already a good way to create an easily looped sequence of analog clips in N-track? Thanks!

I’m not sure of what you mean by analog files, maybe you mean audio (wav) files, i.e.? If that’s the case, yes of course n-Track can sequence audio files.

Flavio.

Hi Flavio,
Sorry, I wasn’t very clear. I have n-track 7, and I was looking at the features in 8. The new sequencer for midi looks great, but I was wondering if you can do something similar with wav files. Obviously you can put them in sequencer in the normal tracks, but is there a simple way to do this like with the new sequencer, where you can quickly create a rhythm based on the tempo and 16th and 8th notes and then loop it or put several in a sequence. For an example of what I’m talking about, see this program (specifically, the “Rage 2” part of it):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbyMdgg0tJ8
Those are wav files instead of midi files. I wondered if n-track (new or old versions) has something like this that I haven’t discovered.
Thanks!
Nick

The new step sequencer in n-Track 8 sends MIDI signals, which can be associated with wav samples in the MIDI synth that the sequencer sends its output to.
For example you can use the built-in n-Track Drums synth to load a custom .wav file for one of the available pads, then use the step sequencer to trigger the pad in the sequence you prefer. Of course you can repeat this for any of the other available pads.
To load a custom .wav file in an n-Track Drums pad do this:
- click on the small “e” button next to the pad you want to change, look at the lower part of the window, you’ll see an existing .wav file used by that pad, click “-” to remove it and “+” to add a new one. You can even add multiple .wav files that will be layered based on the velocity of the MIDI event (in the n-Track step sequencer you can change the velocity of a step by clicking the step and dragging vertically).

Flavio.

Perfect, Flavio! That’s exactly what I was hoping for! I’ll upgrade to 8, then!
Best,
Nick