Settings help

problems recording

Hi,
New to the forum and could use some help with settings.
Using Presonus Firebox, windows 7, pc, latest 6 version.

1) Recording problem: Getting a vu reading on left channel but no sound from speakers or headphones when trying to record my guitar. Backing track plays back fine. Checked all mixers but not sure of settings….

2) I'm trying to get a mono track: should both recording vu meters be showing signals? On playback, I'm getting a mono track coming out of both speakers, but the pan is not working correctly.

3) Since I downloaded ntrack, the screen has changed as I've been trying out stuff and things look different. Anyway to get the default screen back?

Thx,
Lou

To get all default setting back: Click on Menu Settings. At the lower part of the opening screen (Recording Settings) there is a box labeled "Restore Global Default Settings - click on that.

On the Playback and Record VU click on the Icon that looks like a COG. Try the different setting to see what you like best. I usually use Stereo tracks > teo tracks Mono to get things just on one side.
HOpe this helps
Bax

I was able to record a track with sound thru my speakers…finally. Now on playback, the wav file is there but No sound. Any ideas?
I also noticed there was no input fader upon recording the new track to adjust my input. Why is it not showing up?

I was able to record a track with sound thru my speakers…finally. Now on playback, the wav file is there but No sound. Any ideas?
I also noticed there was no input fader upon recording the new track to adjust my input. Why is it not showing up?
thx, Lou

Set the input with the interface. Open the mire for faders for recoded tracs.

I don’t know why I even try to write on the IPad - The MIxer ( not the mire) displays the working playback faders.

That was funny…I was like…what’s a mire?
I have opened the mixer and saw the track fader, but no sound from the recored wav file
I have a backing track that’s on track 1 that plays back fine, but my guitar on track 2 has no sound…
…any ideas?

thx,
Lou