settings

questions

hey all,
Still setting things up here:

Trying to get my drum machine to get stereo signal on left and right VU record meters… using mono out from drums into ch 1 of presonus firebox and only getting left side…do I need 2 cables and need to use ch 2 also? Anyway to create a stereo track from mic 1 input?

Also, how do I get the record timeline cursor to slow down? Moving along a bit fast…

What does the navigator do?

I may be missing some important info on my main screen. I’ve looked at the screen shot on the site and my 6.0 looks a bit different…
Any picture on how it should look?

thx,
Lou

Quote:

do I need 2 cables and need to use ch 2 also?

If you want stereo... yes.

Quote:

Anyway to create a stereo track from mic 1 input?

Nope.

Quote:

Also, how do I get the record timeline cursor to slow down? Moving along a bit fast...

The cursor moves at the recording speed but is relative to the extent of the view in the window. Zoom OUT.

Quote:

What does the navigator do?

It shows a non-detailed summary view of your whole project allowing you to easily "navigate" to different sections by dragging the cursor "box" around. Only useful on HUGE projects IMO...

Quote:

I may be missing some important info on my main screen. I've looked at the screen shot on the site and my 6.0 looks a bit different...
Any picture on how it should look?

Well this depends on the user. Your ideal "look" may be totally different from someone else's or everybody else's... Play around with the different views and docking options until you get what YOU need to see.

Good luck!
:)

D

PS Respectfully... did you download and read the manual?

Thanks for gettin’ that one D - I was just sitin’ down with some cornbread and milk.

m mmmm mmm

What? No pinto beans? Oh… and that’s buttermilk right? YUM-YUM!!

D

PS You gotta watch what I post Poppa… I’m going from memory since I still don’t have n-Track installed…

PPS Great… now you got me jonesin’ for some cornbread… I’m too tired to make it. Don’t tell my wife… but I like MY cornbread a hunnert times better’n hers… :laugh:

thx D… I was using 3.0 many years ago with a different setup…much to catch up on! yes, reading the manual as I go, but sometimes easier to get a qwik reply!
Lou

Hey Lou,

No problem. It takes a bit to “catch up” I suppose. Let’s just go to Poppa’s house for cornbread and milk and we can sit around and jaw about it! :laugh:
I’ll bring a jug of ice-cold buttermilk!!

D

PS Lessee… if I set out right now… can’t afford the gas… have to hoof it. Okay. I’ll meet you at Poppa’s house March 3rd at 1535. :laugh: May be closer to 1400… depends on how well the ol’ sneakers hold up!

lol - no worries Lou - folks always ready to help 'round here.

And yes - pinto beans for supper - I always make too much cornbread - and yes buttermilk - Is we country er whut?

Quote:

And yes - pinto beans for supper - I always make too much cornbread - and yes buttermilk - Is we country er whut?

Oh YEAH! You iz sprechen zie my language PW! Of all the da' beans in da' woild, pinto beans is the bestest. It's a little known fact that pinto beans were present in the garden of Eden. Adam kept a pot going all the time... til Eve got a hankerin' for Apple Pie... :( Ruined it all... :p

D