SFZ recommendations

Anyone got any SFZ libraries that they would recommend?

Oh I used to have an excellent one! there was a link here to it.

however it is now down off the net.

I’ve been working on making my own lately but in the early stages of sampling.

wish I could be of more help.
:)

Have you tried the Patch Arena yet?

they tend to make sf2’s out of already created module sounds but that sometimes helps if there is a specific sound you are looking for. :agree:

Thanks, J. Do you use Alchemy Player? I’m downloading Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra - an enormous 441mb bundle. I’m looking for oboes and cellos. I’m used to setting up samples/key groups etc and will look into this Patch Arena stuff.

Quote: (TonyR @ Apr. 14 2013, 2:15 PM)

Thanks, J. Do you use Alchemy Player? I'm downloading Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra - an enormous 441mb bundle. I'm looking for oboes and cellos. I'm used to setting up samples/key groups etc and will look into this Patch Arena stuff.

well for the cello I have a certain Proteus/1 patch I like to use, the after touch and other parameters are really responsive to CC change.

you never know what you are going to find on that sight emulation wise,

I'm mostly a Roland guy (not by complete choice) but buy necessity as those modules happened to be cheap at the time, but Yamaha makes some really good synth sounds too!

No on the Alchemy, the player I use is RGC from cakewalk.

the best DAW I used when it came to using orchestra instruments and the different tunings and keys for wind and string instruments was Finale, the Garritan sounds might be available in sfz as well, good place to look for Oboe.

take it or leave it, but that is my tiny nugget for the day
:D