SHARK TANK

:laugh:

Thing is…rock is not pre packaged to the extent that pop/RnB is today.

Rock is bands writing their own stuff…doing their own thing. The music execs of today have soooooo much control over who gets the money/fame and what songs get recorded etc.

Are they going to want to give up that control?

I think the tide will turn eventually but not for a loooong time…and only then it will be when the powers that be decide it will happen.
We need a revolution. A REVOLUTION I TELLS YA!!

Quote: (spreadercraig @ Jun. 20 2011, 8:04 PM)

We need a revolution. A REVOLUTION I TELLS YA!!

You say you want a revolution? Well, you know. We all want to change the world
Quote: (spreadercraig @ Jun. 20 2011, 1:04 AM)

Are they going to want to give up that control?

Right, thats why I say rock exects have to nudge them aside. And buy network time, add campaigns and develope great shows to reinstate, showcase the coolness of it all, on main streams. A competitive revolt.

A rock revolution is just not a possibility. Revolutions in music are driven by technological changes. Rock is the result of amplified guitars. Once you get to punk, what’s left is just fleshing it out, restating what has been said. There’s a reason why most of the growth has been in synthesized music – there are still possibilities to explore. But even that is no longer the locus of a revolution. You can tell b/c people now make all sorts of distinctions between techo styles, or rap styles, e.g., where the differences are obvious only to the initiated.

:laugh: ya, y'all know it all!

One can relate a device to a genre peak.
But the fact remains that rock, when done right is irresistible, and therefore deserves as much limelite as any peaking gnere. :cool:
Quote:

7% of what? Of profits? He'd never see any.

I would assume it was profit. I think he would see profits because the venture capitalists wouldn't have bought the business if they didn't think they could make a profit from it.

No, no, no nonononono. Really, guys, if you are EVER in this sort of situation, talk to me first! Of course they thought it would make money. The thing is, “profit” is an accounting construct. IN order to avoid paying someone a percentage of profits, all you have to do is make sure that expenses eat up any profit. And then make sure that the expenses are paid to you in some way. Voila. They end up with a lot of money even though there was no profit!

You guys are pulling my leg, aren’t you?

So Tommy are you saying that the Producers of the show “Sharks” intentionally included a low down lying swindling cheet to the panel of in investors just to make the show more interesting in some kind of pathetic low down way?
They couldn’t do that without also being held liable as partners in crime to defraud people of their investments, inventions and ideas, futures.
That isn’t going to happen in such a grand arena sir michigander

THIS COMMENT HAS BEEN EDITED FOR STUPIDITY. THANK YOU.

TomS? Can you read?

No, not really. I see my mistake. :)

Cool your hired!

How does one move a post? this belongs under the ANYTHING ELSE
not here in nTrack music

I’m the moderator (yes, that is very hard to believe), I can move it.
Should I?

Ya

Tom - are you OK?
You seem a little on edge or stressed :slight_smile:

Levi - just write a song called “Sharks” and it will be in the right place.

No stress out of the ordinary here, Mike! I will keep this topic here, because Levi has promised to collaborate on a song called “Shark Tank” for the 50/90 challenge! :)

Shark tank hmmmm? Don’t want to sound like someone is after the show. Unless you might be wanting to try for a theme song for it.
Sharking, very good theme!!!

Quote: (TomS @ Jun. 21 2011, 9:04 PM)

I'm the moderator (yes, that is very hard to believe)I?

:laugh: