shellctl.dll

install problem

Tried upgrading to the latest build of v5.05 and got the error message on the uninstall “unable to un-register shellctl.dll.” On the install got the errror message “unable to register shellctl.dll.” The install completes normally and the program will start. As soon as I try to do something, e.g. click on a menu, the program locks up. I’ve tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail. Going back to the previous version doesn’t work either. In the registry I can see no entry for shellctl.dll.

I’m hoping there’s an easy fix for this.

Took another try at the registry and found shellctl.dll. Looks like it’s icon related. My problem may be unrelated???

http://www.spywaredata.com/spyware/malware/shellctl.dll.php

It looks like something V4 nad V5 needs, and is installed to the same directory as n-Tracks.

When upgrading to V5 the previous version 5 will be unistalled. It’s possible something got a little screwed up, such as if that dll had been deleted but left registered, and the uninstall couldn’t unregister it. Reinstalling once should fix it since that would replace the dll reregister it…odd that it didn’t…hmmm…no idea.

Looks like shellctl.dll isn’t the problem. Removed everything and did reinstall–no errors. Program still locks up at start.

Quote (willie_mctell @ Feb. 25 2007,00:05)
Looks like shellctl.dll isn’t the problem. Removed everything and did reinstall–no errors. Program still locks up at start.

Go to your n-Track Studio5 folder (default location is:
C:\Documents and settings\Owner|Application Data
-Track Studio5) and delete all files that contain cfg or configuration in the file name. Also delete any dump (dmp) files you may have. You don’t need to look at the Skin’s folder.

After deleted, uninstall/reinstall the program, turn off your computer (don’t just restart the computer - it is important to do a complete shutdown), and reconfigure the newly installed program settings.

This approach worked for me when having a similar problem; however, I am using Windows XP Home Edition Operating software with Service Pack 2.

Good luck,

Andrew

Problem solved. I installed Spycatcher, a freeware anti-spyware app highly recommended by PC Magazine. It conflicted with n-Track in some way or other. Uninstalled Spycatcher and n-Track works fine now.