shes not all there!

havent been here much lately been busy with christmas things & have missed a lot of stuff
but i did like duff & dannys idea of redoing an old song totaly your own way & mentioned it to
sarah
she shocked me by saying we did a whole album of that in 1991. oh dear what drugs was i on then… i dont remember anyhting about it!
in 1992 BC (before children) the 3 of us recorded a load of stuff like this on a 4 track of her ex boyfreinds… it was the last thing we did before we gave it all up & had kids till we started agin in 2008
i definitely hear me on guitar but i dont remember playing any of it!
it is so pretentsous what were we thinking? you might not even recognise the song!

http://www.adrive.com/public…68.html

1992 BC (before children) :) :p :laugh:

:agree: hehe

Bill…

love it! :agree:

Pretentsous? No way. That was the way stuff sounded back then. Really cool. Good. :agree:

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Dec. 22 2010, 7:00 AM)

havent been here much lately been busy with christmas things & have missed a lot of stuff
but i did like duff & dannys idea of redoing an old song totaly your own way & mentioned it to
sarah
she shocked me by saying we did a whole album of that in 1991. oh dear what drugs was i on then... i dont remember anyhting about it!
in 1992 BC (before children) the 3 of us recorded a load of stuff like this on a 4 track of her ex boyfreinds.. it was the last thing we did before we gave it all up & had kids till we started agin in 2008
i definitely hear me on guitar but i dont remember playing any of it!
it is so pretentsous what were we thinking? you might not even recognise the song!

http://www.adrive.com/public....68.html

That's great stuff for 4-track. Nice.

I thought we were the only people who referred to BC as before children. :-)

We also had AD too (after Daniel).

But we messed that up by having a third child.

Off to dig out some 4-track stuff now......

well im flattered you guys like it… it is quite musical & we must have put a lot of work into that arangement but it all seems a bit pointless… why did we change a good song?

anyway try this one… this is embarrasing! allison sounds like shes in heat! & who took out my guitar i dont remeber playing?

http://www.adrive.com/public…11.html

tape really sounds good, doesn’t it? Even 4 track. I think this stuff is great. :agree:

She’s not there. Love it. I’m really gettin’ off on your guitar playing.

thanks for the compliments tom & tony
we had 0ne of those 4 tracks & they were good because they were so simple & made you have to think of ingenious ways to get more tracks on them & you couldnt cheat & had to be able to play evrything in one take. i was a much better musician then than i am now because of it. & tape had a different thicker warmer sound to digital

other tracks we tortured on this album were…

radar love
love potion 9
born to be wild
youre no good by the merseybeats?
ill keep on holding on by the marvelettes… my fave!
so you wanna be a rockn roll star by the byrds

maybe i didnt take it seriosly or maybe i was smashed cos i dont remember recording them to much
but i cant stop playing it now ive got over the embarasment

Those tracks are put together very well, technically…
Great upper Mids and the Bass (bottom end) carries the tracks, nicely…

Did the Carpenters ever do a version of that song ????
I’m trying to remember her name…
:p

AaHh
Karen…
????

My Desk-Top Altec Lansing Monitors “Sing” when I play the file…

Bill…

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 22 2010, 10:46 AM)

tape really sounds good, doesn't it?
Even 4 track.

Isn't that true. It always struck me as easier to get a mix going. Perhaps because the mix was more sparse with only 4 tracks, but I think that it was something to do with the sonic qualities of tape.

yep - and with analog you have a tendency to take more care with the ‘next part’ having better tone blend. I do think it’s more of a logistics/mechanics thing than an electronic deal. JMHO.

would any of you like to post any old tape recordings youve done or any songs youve done a weird &
wonderful cover off? i like to hear other peoples stuff
things will get very busy soon & i may not be around much to leave comments so dont be ofended!

http://www.phootoons.com/phootunes/index.html

Most of my stuff is trash. I call them doodles. Remember…I’m a drummer and can’t really play and don’t sing.

I will post some tape stuff, but it will be a few days, perhaps after Christmas, but I think it is a great idea, and would love to hear stuff. I know…I’m going to get out the 4 track (I have two, a cassette and a R2R) and make a recording the old way this vacation. That should be really cool. Just drum bass guitar vocal. :agree:

Not sure if I ever have done a cover…

If I can find new drive belts for my old Tascam I’ll dig out my Robert Palmer’s Looking for Clues.

Quote: (phoo @ Dec. 22 2010, 2:59 PM)

http://www.phootoons.com/phootunes/index.html

Most of my stuff is trash. I call them doodles. Remember....I'm a drummer and can't really play and don't sing.

i went on your site phoo & thouhgt oh no this is planet gong! maybe you share a similar outlook but your not planet gong im releaved to say...
i see what you mean by your doodles but i thouht the fartones were very good & as a huge neil young & cheap trick fan i listened to those 2 covers & they are really good
when i get more time ill check out your site more
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Dec. 22 2010, 3:47 PM)

Not sure if I ever have done a cover....

you must be very brave & confident of your own materiel to have never done a cover poppa
we only intraduced covers in our set to win crowds over so they might be more wiling to accept our own songs