Shift Midi Track

Hello all,

I am new to the forum, and fairly new to midi useage, though I have been writing for many years.

I have gotten the N-tracks tempo metronome scaled to the same time as my synth’s metronome, and recorded a song via midi into the program.

I am using a USB Midid device which unfortunately has some lag during the transfer process. I would like to shift the entire track over about 1/8th notes worth of time in this tempo.

How can I accomplish this without having to go in and manually move each and every note?

Thanks,

Mac

There usually are two ways to do it.
1. Select the track, go to Piano roll (right-click on it), set your grid size to 1/8, activate ‘Snap to grid’, select all notes, and then you can shift them by 1/8 precisely. If you want do shift them by something other than a precise note length, don’t activate the snap.

2. You can activate the grid in the Timeline view as well and set it to the correct size; then you can move the entire track in offset dragging mode (the button with 4 arrows). You might have trouble shifting it backwards, though, if your track starts at the beginning of the song.

Joermungand

you could record your now midi track to a wav and drag the wave around…have you tried dragging the midi file ? ( never tried dragging a midi myself).

You might have trouble shifting it backwards, though, if your track starts at the beginning of the song.

Did this just the other day. I had to "cut" a space at the beginning of the midi track so I could drag it to the left a bit. Drag works just like on a wav file.

Mark