shortcut???

same effects/properties to other tracks?

is there a shortcut for me to apply the exact same effects to 10 tracks instead of having to do each one individually??? thanks for the help.

Why not apply the effect to an AUX channel, and just route the tracks to that.

I would put the effect on the master channel. ( It’s right next to the master volume nob)
or do what john says, but I don’t know anything about routing so good luck.

lol…i don’t know a thing about routing either…good time to learn i guess. if i put it to the master channel then that will apply the effects to every channel. i only want the effects applied to like 9 out of 36 tracks.

I would route all the tracks you want the same effects on to a group.
Apply the fx to that group
AUX can work too but that is usually if you want to keep some of the dry signal in there too.

Depends what you want to do

Rich

Quote (highrated @ Sep. 15 2004,20:57)
lol...i don't know a thing about routing either....good time to learn i guess. if i put it to the master channel then that will apply the effects to every channel. i only want the effects applied to like 9 out of 36 tracks.

Well, in that case,
Just mix down the nine you want the effects on to a sub-mix track at leveled volumes.
Then you can get rid of the 9 tracks ( but I wouldn't delete - just remove) Import the new mix and you should have 28 remaining tracks.
36-9=27+1=28
I guess it would be simpler just learning the routing thing, Dope! :;):

ok, i figured out how to send a track to a certain group, but how do i apply an effect to that group. i looked in the help file but didn’t find anything to explain this. thanks.

The easiest way to do this is to use the Clone track feature. Just make sure you only clone the effects, not the wav, aux, panning or volume.

Insert the effect into the group insert and you are set. This is real time non-destructive effects.

There is no way to distructively apply effects to a group if that what you mean. To do that you’ll have to back up and apply them to each track one at a time, assuming you don’t want to do what Jeremy suggested.

Quote (highrated @ Sep. 16 2004,15:24)
ok, i figured out how to send a track to a certain group, but how do i apply an effect to that group. i looked in the help file but didn't find anything to explain this. thanks.

Right click in the fx section for the group.
Same as you would for a normal track.

Rich

ok…i’m officially happy as h*ll. i got this grouping thing figured out. thanks for the help. this is gonna save me so much time.