Should n-Track have ..

Completed this Command Requset?

Hi Guys:
Most of you know by now. That I have been overhauling the set-up, I have for a good part of the summer.

It doesn’t have dual processors, and all, but I’m struggling with OLD drivers… so I’m sitting at '98SE as a Desk… Now, all of that is just fine… But today I tried to render a couple of Keys Tracks and the command I gave the set-up just locked the sysyem… or… Caused the system to show a, (Not Responding) screen…

Could this be something that n-Track is not set-up to render?

I have assigned 19 tracks on the timeline, to FOUR Stereo Groups. The FOUR Stereo Groups are then assigned to Eight D-A Converters…

The command I gave, is, to render Two Keys Tracks… So… in the rendering screen, I Hi-lited the TWO Keys Tracks to render to ONE Stereo Track… Then, to be repro’ed to the assigned D-A Converters… The build is, 1516…

Question?? Should that “Render Command” have worked? Or, is there an issue with the assignment of the task?

Bill…

I’m not sure exactly what you’re trying to do Bill, but I know withmy setup if I have different tracks assigned to different outputs (I have 4 stereo outs on my card) when I go to mixdown it asks if I want to mix down just the first stereo pair or all from the multi output card.

If I choose No then it only gives me 1 stereo wav of first stereo pair.
If I choose Yes then it gives me 4 stereo wave, one ofr each stereo pair…

Is that similar to what youare trying to do?

This works for me using either ASIO or WDM drivers

Rich

Hi RichLum:
This is a new direction for me and the hardware I have… I’m not able to reach a screen that gives me a choice as to what set of outputs I’d like to render… I’ve tried several different ways, in an attempt, to reach that end result… but NO-GO… The format I’m working in is… MME… I haven’t considered ASIO and I don’t have WDM drivers available, as a choice to consider… This is pretty OLD audio hardware, I have here… However, it’s working like a charm… except I’m running into this, after all this time of operation… It began to show up when I wanted to add a plug to the group… So, the work-around was , to add the plug to the Tracks instead of the group… But, I’d perfer to add the plug, to the group… Now the work-around for me is, to create a NEW time-line and import/render the group as a new song… I’m working on this now… Tomorrow, I will try this out… The next process is to import the new song back into the target song time-line… I’m concerned that there might be a “LAG” issue… arrise… Cause, I am rendering only two tracks from the Target song… Then, to see how the rendered track, syncs up with the original time-line, song… We’ll see… I’m also in the process of creating two new tracks from the newly created rendered track that is going back into the original time-line. As-it-goes… there will have been four additional tracks added to that group, when the work-around is completed… Then, instead of the time-line containning 19 tracks, it will contain 23 tracks… So, it will be interesting to see how MME accepts the additional tracks into the fole… regarding any SYNC issues… We’ll see… I see it (the issues) as a combination of Mixing, In-the-Box and Mixing, Out-of-the-Box…

The next issue I’ll have to face, with this project is… Re-recording the rendered groups into another multi-track editor, with A-D and D-A converters…

So, from the 24 tracks of Digital, In-the-Box to 8 Groups of analogue, Out-of-the-BOX, then to 8 Tracks of A-D back into the BOX… This is the first time in the life-span of this CORE-32 audio hardware that I’ve attempted this type of mixing, set-up… I’d like to try this with build 1846, but I’m frightened that I could run into unknown issues… over and above build 1516… I have never been able to get a version 4, of n-Track to work with '98SE, as a Desk… However, I’ve never asked the Question on the Board…

Has anyone got a Build of V4.xx to work with '98SE?

Bill…

[EDIT]

I forgot to add… Would I ever like to have Drumagog to work with this project… I’m just Short-of-a-few-bucks… :O :p