Should n-Track have ..

A Way to Render Groups…

Hi n-Trackers:
I’m looking for replies to this topic, to determine how you guys render Tracks that are assigned to groups.

For example.

In the time-line, a song may have as many as 16 or more tracks. So, the drum tracks could occupy four-five tracks. The vocals might contain two-three tracks. The instruments that make up the Beds, say four-five tracks and so-on, to total all the tracks that make up the project that is being mixed.

At this point-in-time you have the Beds occupying the 'Right Spectrum"/“Energy”, but you need to make sure of how it fits with say the “Vocal Tracks/Groups”… But, you’d like to render the Drum Tracks/Groups, so you can hear them with the Vocal Tracks/Groups… and so-on-and-so-forth…

On any version of n-Track, the Group Mix Fader/Tracks have not appeared in the Mix-Down/ Rendering Window… only, the tracks that occupy the Main Mix area of the Track Mixer.

I’m TOYING with the idea of, displaying the Group Mixes in the Mix-Down/Rendering Window, so they can be rendered and Named, to be called into a new time-line as say, Beds 1 and or Beds 2, and so-forth, so a new time-line can be created useing Groups so they can be audtioned on a timeline for their “FIT” ability as the MIX comes together…

I’m wondering if I’m communicating the idea that I have in mind????

They are for auditioning purposes… or to be used in the final construction, of the song-in-question… But, on the other hand, you may want to add Mastering, to the Rendered Tracks/Groups,in a number of Trial Renders, before commiting the groups to the final mix…

I’m wondering if any of you n-Trackers might have any interest in this idea or something you might add to this idea and think that this could be useful in a future version of n-Track for Flavio to consider?

Bill…

Groups can be frozen, and Groups can be soloed and when a mixdown is done it will be just the group. So, I guess you are looking for a more built-in obvious way to do that. I’d be for that…If I understand what you are getting at.

i do something similar, i’m not sure if this would work for you…

i have 5 or so tracks that make up the drum kit… i assign those all to a group called “drums”… then when i want to solo/audition the drum kit alone, just solo that “drums” group.

i could use the same idea and create groups for the vocals, guitars, whatever… and then solo the groups accordingly.

other than that, i have no real need to mix down only the “drums” group, etc. but i can see how that might be useful for other users.

am i way off base here?