Show your studio

Only pics please

I liked the original thread but it had a lot of conversation in it. So post some pics of your current setup and keep this a mostly pic only thread. If you can take pics now, take them as is, don’t clean everything up and make it look pretty since the real deal is so much more interesting.

For those who want to see the original thread by true north…
http://www.ntrack.com/cgi-bin…&t=2126

Now, my pics…
Keep in mind that my setup is very simple, fun, and little.

First is my 300mhz box running N v2.3, to the right is my only mixer right now (I swapped my tired out a&h 16:4 ch for the bass guitar below), it’s a small Realistic 5ch. stereo mixer I run to the input of my soundcard :p

Here is my little room where the music is born…

And here is a better shot of my main equipment…

That original thread had some really nice looking studios, but I’m poor and get by with what I have for now so it’s fun to share photos of the good and bad setups :)
Now lets see yours…

Here’s my stuff…

Most of my stuff is packed away in my car now as I’m looking to move somewhere else :(

TimOBrien - are those windows in the pic? What kind of sound proofing do you have on them?

Thanks in advance.

Quote (Mr Soul @ July 07 2005,16:09)
TimOBrien - are those windows in the pic? What kind of sound proofing do you have on them?

Thanks in advance.

No windows in the pic, just some foambymail.com tiles on masonite panels mounted on the walls.

The only windows in the room are behind the camera, but they are 3/8" thick (I kiddingly call them blastwindows; we live in Florida where the hurricanes hit last fall) and are essentially soundproof.

I’m still moving my stuff in but this is what I have so far.

So you want a picture of every room in my house? :;):

<!–QuoteBegin>

So you want a picture of every room in my house?

If that’s what it takes!

:slight_smile:

Well this is my “studio” setup on one side of my bedroom

And here are my 2 main guitars which I keep in the lounge room so I can play whilst watching TV etc.

Rich

<!–QuoteBegin>

And here are my 2 main guitars which I keep in the lounge room so I can play whilst watching TV etc

OH! a multitasking system… :wink:

Whoa… dude… Got enough monitors there?
Wow.
:;):

Here’s a few of mine.

All Hail The Yorkvilles.

Homemade rack with Berry 2442fx-pro, Berry patchbay, Alto 4channel comp/limiter, herc fw 16/12 and my pc. This doubles as our live desk for my coverband, so it’s a fairly small jump to recording the gig. Lots of space left in it, I’m eitehr gonna buy more gear to fill it up or make one that’s a bit smaller and facilitates moving around better.

The is the room next door, has homemade acoustic panels, my old mattress and some gobos up. Quite a nice sound, with the door closed.

I brought this couch so that the control room could double as a guest room. The room’s much nicer for it, if only I could keep it clean (the room). The guitar is one I made myself - the Lesocaster.

Willy.

Quote (John @ July 26 2005,14:00)
Whoa... dude... Got enough monitors there?
Wow.

That was my 1st thaught as well...

Tim, at least you'll have an idea what your mix sounds like on different speakers ...

Nice

Quote (Wihan Stemmet @ July 27 2005,02:35)
Quote (John @ July 26 2005,14:00)
Whoa… dude… Got enough monitors there?
Wow.

That was my 1st thaught as well…

Tim, at least you’ll have an idea what your mix sounds like on different speakers …

Nice

Or maybe he is mixing for 9.1 movies… :;):

may as well be!! :angry:

isaac

[quote=idover,July 27 2005,13:51][/quote]
<!–QuoteBegin>

isaac

Hey:
hehe… I like all the knobs on that mixing desk… :p

Ya got a real fetish for power bars…too… AND… Sooner-or-Later we’re all gonna have to migrate to Flat-pannel monitors…Those CRT’s just gotta go…

I’m makeing a Broadband observation, here… Most of us “Mix”, in-the-box… as far as I can see…

From the original topic/thread, I have now managed to get a REAL Storage site… Tha Banners have gone…

My Webpage = So there… I even “screwed up” posting the link…

Same-ole-Same-ole, though… except…The Lexicon A-D and D-A converters don’t work with anything, anymore… I managed to “Screw IT ALL UP”…

Lately, I’m spending more time “Puter’ing” than “Creat’in” My RADAR buddy said there’d be Days like this… I’m believ’n he’s right…

My links have all but dissapeared… There is some audio hardware that’s been talked about little-if-any… There’s a place in lower New York State… that handles the stuff… Who’s got the link? … It was posted on a thread up here a few weeks back… It has beautiful audio specs…

Bill…

[EDIT]
I forgot to put this in my post…

Willy’s “Yorkies”, are the best speaker boxes on the planet… IMP…of course… except… I’d have the “Power’d” versions… ??? :O

[EDIT] That’s got be a power amp for that JBL Bottom-End Speaker you have in that photo…? is it? … Terry…

Quote (idover @ July 27 2005,10:51)

isaac

That box leaves so much to the imagination. I can’t see…hmmm…what could be in it? The perfect studio? It’s driving me crazy!

:laugh:

Tony