Show your studio

It’s probably got a cat in it. You know how cats are. Of course mine (long gone - no, I didn’t kill it) sprayed my Tascam 80-8. The spray left pock marks and pits in the brushed metal front parts. Fortunately none of the vital parts got hit – that’s some nasty stuff. The moral of the story is that any studio that has a male cat needs a box to keep him busy or there is the potential for trouble.

isometric

drumset

DAW

It’s natural for Human Nature to always want what is not… I think I read that somewhere… However, I can’t seem to remember where, I did…

It’s easy to see, guys… The Perfect Studio would have No-Place in our setups…

We would have nothing to blame our Less-than-Perfect or our inability to manufacture “Magic-Tracks”… on…

Bill…

[EDIT]
I have a Tascam 38… It’s a shame… I’m not useing it… I made “Perfect” “Magic Tracks” with that set-up… I can’t think of why I put it off to the side… for Lexicon converters… ??? :O :laugh:

oooh, you’ve got one of those “image hosted by tripod” drumsets too??? i’d recommend putting all the images on photobucket, or linking to an html page on tripod that has the photos on it. this worked a bit better, but still has some photo linking problems:

http://fatmanstudios2004.tripod.com/studio.htm

i would really like to share my pics, but the new studio room currently has 5 hedgehog cages on the floor and a mess of animal supplies… not very studio like at the moment.

EDIT: studiofat, you may wanna move those unshielded speakers farther away from the monitor… what happens is if they are too close, the magnetism is the speakers causes the effect you’re getting on that screen. :cool:

Quote (dimmer77 @ July 28 2005,10:40)
i would really like to share my pics, but the new studio room currently has 5 hedgehog cages on the floor and a mess of animal supplies… not very studio like at the moment.

Dinsdale?

SWOOOOSH

(the sound of something flying directly overhead)

haha nice… “The Legend of Dinsdale”… haven’t seen that before, or forgot… here’s some homemade dinsdale’s… or “spiny norman’s”?

http://hedgehogcentral.com/humor.shtml

ours aren’t quite that big, but just as much work.

Ok I fixed the pictures…and about the speakers they’re magneticly shielded and the monitor looks that way because i photoshoped that winamp plugin image on there

Studiofat, is that Papa Mixer, Moma Mixer and the little baby Mixer ?

:D

Nice looking studio

Edit: I’m moving my edit to a new thread as to not hijack this one…

Quote (woxnerw @ July 28 2005,05:44)

Sooner-or-Later we’re all gonna have to migrate to Flat-pannel monitors…Those CRT’s just gotta go…

Yep, when I finally manage to ge some cash together and not spend it on something else, I want to upgrade to 2 flat LCD screens.
Will free up so much desk space!!!

I’m surprised there aren’t more people running dual monitor setups. Makes mixing and using plugins so much easier.
I basically have the timeline always on one screen and then have the mixer or plugin on the other and makes jumping around the timeline a lot easier and can see where you are in the song at all times.
Also helps to have your input VU meters with their own space.

I picked up my second monitor for free from work when they were going through some upgrades and had some lying around. I asked one of the IT guys what they were doing with them and scored one for free :)

Rich
Quote (RichLum @ July 29 2005,03:13)
Yep, when I finally manage to ge some cash together and not spend it on something else, I want to upgrade to 2 flat LCD screens.

Same here - I have one 19" CRT at the moment, and I will happily use two 15" flat's to do my thing.

But they seem to always be #3 and 4 of the priority list of when cash is available.

:(
Quote (Wihan Stemmet @ July 29 2005,02:53)
Studiofat, is that Papa Mixer, Moma Mixer and the little baby Mixer ?

:D

Nice looking studio

Edit: I'm moving my edit to a new thread as to not hijack this one...

haha yeah theyre all behringer, though i don't really use the baby mixer anymore

wow everyone has some nice sudios!!! Well here are some pics of mine im just an 18 year old kid trying to get something going so please coment.

studio pics

Sorry for the crummy pix but all I carry around now is my camera phone :D

Cool! Mono monitoring.

What a nice idea. Crappy cellophone camera pictures… :p

I like that Guitar you got hanging on the wall by your Vocal Booth ,Mwah…

jeromee… That Fender 2 x 12 cabinet is the same as the one I had and bought in '63-'64… The only thing is, the handle on it is not the same as the handle as the one on my Cabinet… It had a “Dog-Bone” Handle on it… I wish I still had it… Have you got the Amp for that cabinet? Does it have the original speakers in it? The speakers in mine were called Oxford’s…

Bill…

Quote (woxnerw @ Sep. 17 2005,06:22)
I like that Guitar you got hanging on the wall by your Vocal Booth ,Mwah..

jeromee.. That Fender 2 x 12 cabinet is the same as the one I had and bought in '63-'64.. The only thing is, the handle on it is not the same as the handle as the one on my Cabinet.. It had a "Dog-Bone" Handle on it.. I wish I still had it.. Have you got the Amp for that cabinet? Does it have the original speakers in it? The speakers in mine were called Oxford's....

Bill..

Hey Bill
Yes the loads are original, the handle, I don't know. In front of it is a '64 tele. They are my bandmates :( I can't tell you how many times I have tried to talk him out of that tele :D He bought them in 1977 for $200 from a guy who was down on his luck. He runs a boogie mk11 into the fender cab. He sold the ?Bandmaster? head a while ago. I bought a boogie mk1 for him @ a pawn shop for $50, the owner of the shop said the amp was blown but it was only the speaker :D I live in an area where people move here with thier electric gtrs and amps and then convert to bluegrass acoustic so there are always deals to be had :D

Quote (woxnerw @ Sep. 17 2005,06:22)
I like that Guitar you got hanging on the wall by your Vocal Booth ,Mwah…

Thanks, Bill, I like that one, too.
It’s an early nineties’ Regal, not sure about the model number. The home made pickup system (piezo on the cone + dynamic mic capsule under the cone) isn’t great and is very feedback-ey, but the guitar itself plays nicely.

Thanks for those replies You Guys:
I can imagine just beautiful tracks from that guitar… My life-long friend Leonard, had a National Dobro… a chrome body with a spruce top? if I remember correctly ??? :O … Anyway, it was set-up to play with a BAR… Hi-Strung/NUT… A few years before he went, he did the piezo pickup mod on it… According to the Nashville Kats… Well, anyway he always used an SM-57 on it… But last going off we used to record it with the mic and pickup combination… It spoke just beautiful recorded to two tracks… The piezo pickup was one of those “Shadow” ones… Made in Germany… I think… Anyway … installed on the cone… “Sweet-Spot” according to these Nashville Guys… I didn’t install… or was around when the mod was done… I don’t know the proceedure… but that pickup mounted on the Sweet-Spot… on the cone… makes the Cone/Spider speak just beautiful… incredable… is all I can say… Am I seeing right? It looks to be a Long-Scale… Longer than the average guitar… anyway…

The Cabinet and amp that I had was the BassMan Amp… I bought it brand new locally for 625.00 along with a three colour sunburst…Jazz bass… 425.00 I think it was… What a beautiful Amp-and-Bass combination, it was… Like a fool, I sold the top… and then like another fool… I sold the bottom… Well… you know… I think I made .50 playing 7-nights-a-week with that stuff… I think that’s what I got left… :p :laugh: I think Leo put Eminance Speakers in the BandMaster Cabinet… The stage that I orrigionally played on with that set-up… The guitar player had a Two-Piece Tremolux Amp… with a Gibson SG Guitar of the same vintage… What a beautiful combo/setup, that was… That cabinet had a 2-10" … I think they were Eminance speakers… A lot of the kids today are just discovering that stuff… You See… the gear that their Father’s and Uncle’s played was all garbage… Well… :p

Bill…

[EDIT]
oh yes… I have a Cape Breton friend who has a Boogie Amp… he bought new… way back when… I think it is a Mk 11… it’s the model with a 5-band EQ./Slider set-up… on the front panel… It came with an Altec 12’ Speaker in it… It has a 1/2 power switch on the back panel… it switches one pair of the 6L6 output tubes out of the circuit… great amp… He also has a Black-Faced Delux/Reverb aka. '65?? and a Brown Faced Delux Amp aka. '63-'64 ??.. before the reverb tank-in-the-amp, model… he bought brand new… Vintage… worth a fortune… now…