Show your studio

Better late than never I suppose… actually, my wife made me clean-up and I thought of this thread…

This is where I work when at home. Those are my babies leanin’ against my sons Crate GFX-212. I use a Carvin BelAire at church. TOOBS! Baby! Yeah!

TG

PS Yeah I know. They are ALL black… :cool:

Hi gtr4him:
What a great look’in set-up… But, it’s soo clean… I wonder if any music ever gets created there? lol… :p … If ya had a look at my mess, ya wouldn’t wantta touch anything, for fear it would bite… :p And, nothing happens there, cause the DAWs don’t DAW, anymore…

Well, I’m working on them… ??? :;):

And yes… all those Guitars look like “Cousins” to Lucile… I wonder how he is… these days?

Bill…

<!–QuoteBegin>

all those Guitars look like “Cousins” to Lucile… I wonder how he is… these days?

Yeah I was reading about BB the other day. Must be in his 80’s now. Still gigging by all accounts. Saw him in the early/mid 80’s. Cool.

<!–QuoteBegin>

But, it’s soo clean…

Well that IS the AFTER photo…

<!–QuoteBegin>
I wonder if any music ever gets created there?

Not nearly enough to suit me. Life gets in the way… stupid job…

TG

Hi TG:
Nice reply… If’n I can get these DAWs up and running… I’m gonna see if I can get a bunch of “Interns” in here… They say that’s what they’re used for… :O :;):

I use these “sticky notes” that I write to my self… When I’m tracking or mixing about things I’d like to remember… Then I see these things laying around, all over the place… and I do a clean-up… and ya know where they end up…

Bill…

Ok I got to get into this action. Here is my humble setup:

This is my studio, which also doubles as my bedroom until I get married in march. Also, I’m a graduate student in english and it’s paper time, so it’s messier than usual.

This is my guitars (all but my acoustic), my Greg Rubottom picture, and my Chick-fil-a calender.

My preamps, sitting on top of my cable box and vcr.

This is my Turner mic and assorted junk.

My DAW. you can see my second monitor in the corner not being used. No space right now…

My Ensoniq keyboard. <3.

What my mom makes me hid under that sheet. My TEAC reel to reel, my yamaha G50 guitar midi converter, and my alesis SR-16.

While I’m revealing messes, this is my well organized filing system of cables and mics.

Ok, this is my fiance and me. Can’t help it…

Fish

i like the nintendo preamp.

is that you on the left or the right? :O

That’s me on the right. My hair is a bit long. I’m a bit of a hippie. What do you think of my fiance’s beard? She should shave it, shouldn’t she? I told her to, but she never listens to me. :;):

As far as the nintendo preamp, I play techno, and if I could tap into those old nintendo sounds, I would…

Schweet !

Quote (Wihan Stemmet @ Dec. 08 2005,12:55)
Schweet !

Wihan you ARE talking about the GEAR right? :p

Nice setup Fish and congrats! She looks like a lovely girl.

D

btw, Diogenes is the coolest handle ever. My friend Charlie Brown (legal name) would be impressed. He always says that alexander should have said, “I were not Diogenes, I should wish to be Alexander.”

That’s very nice Fish… and the studio ain’t bad either…

<!–QuoteBegin>

He always says that alexander should have said, “I were not Diogenes, I should wish to be Alexander.”

IIRC there’s a Rush song that mentions Diogenes? Am I right. Help someone? On Hemispheres?

JPG DELETED.

(I thought the sub-title said “only picts”! It was only after I posted the jpeg, that I realised I’d misread the title. And I also realised that a picture of a hairy arsed Scot dressed only in woad might be a wee bit inappropriate on this board). :(

<!–QuoteBegin>

(I thought the sub-title said “only picts”!

Good one Ali, but I’m not sure if our friends from other parts of the world will geddit. Or perhaps I’m wrong…

:)
Quote (Mark A @ Dec. 08 2005,15:13)
He always says that alexander should have said, "I were not Diogenes, I should wish to be Alexander."

IIRC there's a Rush song that mentions Diogenes? Am I right. Help someone? On Hemispheres?
I dunno Mark. I should though... I am a big Rush fan...

D
Quote (Mark A @ Dec. 08 2005,15:13)
He always says that alexander should have said, "I were not Diogenes, I should wish to be Alexander."

IIRC there's a Rush song that mentions Diogenes? Am I right. Help someone? On Hemispheres?
"Cygnux X-1" (which is track 1 on "Hemispheres") mentions Dyonesis. I don't know if it mentions "Diogenes." I'm not familiar with that name.

<!–QuoteBegin>

“Cygnux X-1” (which is track 1 on “Hemispheres”) mentions Dyonesis. I don’t know if it mentions “Diogenes.” I’m not familiar with that name.

That must be it, thanks

<!–QuoteBegin>

“Cygnux X-1” (which is track 1 on “Hemispheres”) mentions Dyonesis. I don’t know if it mentions “Diogenes.” I’m not familiar with that name.

Yeah! Thats the one! Cool. I need to find Hemispheres on CD. I have the LP in storage. It’s the picture disk edition. Great recording. Hmmm… Amazon.com or summat-nuther maybe?

D – Rush-head from WAAAAYYY back! :)

<!–QuoteBegin>

D – Rush-head from WAAAAYYY back!

Yeah, I saw them on the Hemispheres tour in London in 1980. Great gig.