Silent Night

I’ve always wanted to do my own version of this timeless Christmas classic. I had some time today to put the finishing touches on it and get the ending just right. It has some nice simple acoustics and my verby delayed Strat layed in low. I think I pulled the true meaning of Silent Night off in this one.

Merry Christmas - Silent Night

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:agree: :agree:

AWESOME!

Almost just like we talked about.. LOL!

UJ

Yea I was gonna have Joseph take out an AK and kill that cow but decided again’ it. Having baby Jesus fart though… Class all the way. :;):

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Dec. 18 2010, 6:34 PM)

Having baby Jesus fart though.....

Have to listen again... I thought it was Mary. You know how them womerns get gassy after poppin' out a young un'... :laugh:

UJ

Oh,man, that is GREAT! :agree:

That was about as original as it gets, Poppa, what made you think of this?

Simon and Garfunkel

Simon & Garfunkel? How so?

Okay…I fell for this sucker punch all the way…HEHE

Whatever tune-o-matic plug you use,
it works great… I counted the Bars…
You could have been able to do it in 2:12
or
2:13…

Cut half of that bridge, away…

:)
:p

Bill…

Everyone’s a comedian.

Great stuff… :slight_smile:

So here’s another timeless classic massacred by me.

I set up me studio a few days ago on this side of the world. I glad to say that even though the water (reputedly) goes down the plug hole the other way, Left and Right channels are still the same way round :slight_smile:

So, we use this in the guitar studio as a “speed test” of the students’ chord playing. This was just me messing about:

http://themarkangel.bandcamp.com/track/english-country-garden

Sorry about the abrupt ending. Wish I’d been a bit more careful with the song now

Hi MarkA:
When you’re outside collecting some sun and weather, think about our forecast for today… Snow (2-5 Cm’s.) beginning noontime, warming up and changing to rain this evening (10-20 mm.) I read -4c outside now… Just right for lots of snow… The kids like it… I’m a fair weather kind of guy…

You have a great version Of English Country Garden… The arrangement is right on… Lots of disipline…

Bill…

I submitted my Silent Night to my record label and the head of A&R said it was too long… Label president said, “You expect people to wait 2 and a half minutes in our high speed world for a pay-off like that?” So I have to edit it today for our high speed microwave culture…

Whut?

Siiillleennn - BZZT - POW! - (cue crickets) George Bush voice “The End” Run time: 13.7 seconds.

Nah… I think your version is better… :laugh:

D

Quote: (Mark A @ Dec. 20 2010, 12:00 AM)

So here's another timeless classic massacred by me.

I set up me studio a few days ago on this side of the world.
I glad to say that even though the water (reputedly) goes down the plug hole the other way, Left and Right channels are still the same way round :-)

So, we use this in the guitar studio as a "speed test" of the students' chord playing.
This was just me messing about:

http://themarkangel.bandcamp.com/track/english-country-garden

Sorry about the abrupt ending.
Wish I'd been a bit more careful with the song now

That's really nice, Mark - mandolin?
Quote: (woxnerw @ Dec. 20 2010, 10:24 PM)

Lots of disipline..

Ha! No discipline in this whatsoever Bill :-) You are too kind.

Didn't work out the arrangement before I hit record, didn't tune the guitars properly, didn't work on the "right" sounds, left the clangers to be fixed-in-the-mix, didn't EQ anything, didn't compress anything.

Remix and Edit of Silent Night.