Simple Syncing

Whats Wrong???

I’ll Lay down a drum track, then, lay down a guitar track. The guitar track is not synced to the drums in the least…and this is just the firsts two tracks…It seems (the guitar track) to be playing faster than the initial drum track, but the lenghs are the same…and I’m so comfused…Any helping hands out there. Thanks so much in advance…
chuz

There are a few things to try but it would help to have a little information about your system to get us going. PC spec, soundcard, signal chain, etc.

Ya know, I just couldn’t take it anymore…I’ve switched over to Reaper…no more probs…but thanks for the reply
chuz

Quote: (chuz @ Dec. 25 2007, 3:38 AM)

......I've switched over to Reaper....no more probs....

$225.00 Hey if your willing to spend that kind of cash for a software program there are better wav editors than that, like ones that have drum looper's and other instruments in them.

Fruity Loops for example...

Giving up on a lower priced program because of latency issues or improper set up in the snap settings or sound card clock VS motherboard clock, is going to cost people $$.

Some programs have defaults when they are installed that prevent simple things like this from occurring, however they cost more $$ were as with N-track it is sometimes necessary to manually set a few things up.
I have found nine times out of ten it was a Windows or computer/ user problem that caused of timing in the tracks.
I suggest one always puts the "priority" tab at "highest" for Ntrack manually to allow the computer to delegate the CPU usage to it accordingly.
some programs do this automatically (which also may piss a few people off since they would like to be the one setting what program had priority in their PC.

I think Flav was respecting people rights to chose when he made that feature selective and manually done.

I think I paid 45$ for this program in 98, and after the learning curve (learning how to use a computer properly) it has been smooth sailing every since.
The other $170 dollars I saved by using this instead of Reaper well let's just say that went to better gear. :)

keep shinin'

jerm :cool:
Quote:

$225.00

Look again Jerm... that's for commercial use.

D
Quote: (chuz @ Dec. 22 2007, 11:16 PM)

I'll Lay down a drum track, then, lay down a guitar track. The guitar track is not synced to the drums in the least.....and this is just the firsts two tracks....It seems (the guitar track) to be playing faster than the initial drum track, but the lenghs are the same.....and I'm so comfused....Any helping hands out there. Thanks so much in advance...
chuz

I am having the same trouble. I import a drum wav file that i've created with leafdrums. Then I go to record a guitar track over it - its in sync at the start but the guitar is playing back slightly faster so that by 1 minute in they are not in time. what gives? been using ntrack for a while and haven't had this problem. have had tracks offset when recording, but moving them fixes it. can't do that with this. does anyone know what causes this or even what it is?

any help most appreciated. system info (although don't believe that the hardware is the problem, have used it successfully before).

Creative Audigy2 sound card
Intel Duo core CPU 2.66 GHz
2 Gig Memory

OK I solved my issue here but not entirely sure how. I downloaded Reaper (i know - i panicked!!) and had the same prob, so wasn’t an n-track problem. I then did two things;

1. I reset the settings on my soundcard to default through the vendor software.

2. I noticed my soundcard line in freq. could only be set to either 48 or 96kHz (through the vendor software). I changed the n-track value to 48kHz (from 44.1).

Whalla - its in sync now. Weird 'cause I’m sure I used to use n-track at 44.1 kHz with no probs, and thought I could set my soundcard to that as well (but not sure if that was my last PC or this one). Oh well, life is weird, at least I have my old mate n-track back!!!