SIR Impluse VST Effects

Check these out - AWESOME. Reverb Impulse presets from Lexicon, Alesis, Roland and tons more…

http://www.knufinke.de/sir/index_en.html

http://noisevault.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=29 :)

No doubt -we love SIR… :)

Hi cwsand:
There are Plate Verbs somewhere on those pages… Look around… These plates are great for some applications…

If you check out my page you’ll find some handy-work there, that I did, a year or so ago…

http://www.woxnerw.com I’ll always throw a plug-or-two for my page… every chance I get… Look around… You’ll see them in there…

Bill…

Cool - does anyone know how to get SIR to retain the Impulse you’re using when you reopen a song in n-track?

I’ve never see a song not retain the settings when the song is saved. Are you setting up SIR and saving the song?

Well I reinstalled n-track and it seems to be working now - strange…

That would point to one of the confg files being corrupted somehow. It happens ocassionally. Glad you got it working.

New SIR problem - I’m using version 4.1 with the ASIO drivers for 2 M-Audio Delta 1010LT’s. When using SIR on any Aux channels, if I mixdown any or all tracks the new file is delayed a bit. If I remove SIR, it mixes down perfectly. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone know a way around it?? :D

SIR has a rather large fixed latency (~9000 samples iirc) because of the FFT it has to perform.
So you’ll have to compensate for that to keep everything lined up.

I compensate for that by only using it when I mix down. I just put Classic Reverb on the AUX1 while I’m tracking stuff out, then replace it with SIR when I’m done.

<!–QuoteBegin>

When using SIR on any Aux channels, if I mixdown any or all tracks the new file is delayed a bit. If I remove SIR, it mixes down perfectly. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone know a way around it??

This is a bug in n-Tracks as far as I can tell. It’s not new as I have been fighting it for a long time. The amount of delay seems to be about whatever automatic plug-in compensation is being applied. The “workaround” is to edit out the extra blank bits at the beginning of the mixdown file.

A side effect of this, that may or may not still be happening, is that volume and pan curves in the tracks are NOT delayed. If there are any sharp attacks, such as would be the case if a bad note has been manually ducked, then those evolutions may not line up anymore. What this points out is that the compensation is applied to wave playback before the waves are sent to the effects and evolutions. The fix would be to compensate post effects.

I don’t remember the signal chain, but there is a way to use SIR and have the effect (reverb) come out way before the dry signal. It sounds really funny and will throw you for a loop when it happens. It’s happening because the dry signal gets the compensation but the reverb doesn’t. It might have something to do with pre or post send, using aux returns and having that post master effects. It’s kind of cool actually.