SIR is alive and well...

not dead and gone after all…

Hi all.

Just this small post to tell you all that SIR is alive and kicking as of april 25, 2005, when an update was put on the site. I read a post where the author told about working on other projects, and this was apparently misinterpreted as him not pursuing further development of SIR. Not so. In fact, I expect to see more updates soon. :D

regards, Nils

Good news!

Thanks for spotting that and letting us know Nils.

Mark

Hi Nils K:
Thanks for your report, up here…

It was a few weeks ago, when I received some mail from his mail-out page, announcing that he had merged with another company and that they had, and were working on developing some “Zero-Latency” VST, Plug-ins.

I read, Between-the-Lines, that he may be moveing beyond the convolution work that he had spent so much time developing… I havent gone to the his page yet… I will…

It’s not in me, to start any stories, but I’m glad to hear he’s re-applying his energies, on S.I.R.

Could it be ??? that he has reconsidered his S.I.R. development? You see, there are now, a number of Convolution Utilities, out there now… Most of them useing many of his original, collaboritive, ideas…

He’s a pretty clever guy…

Bill…

Don’t be embarrassed, Bill. I re-read the bulletin and your post again, and you were right that one could have gotten to the same conclusion as you did although it wasn’t stated directly that SIR development was halted.

With the ‘information overload’ you are facing today on the 'net you tend to only allocate so much time to read a report, and then perhaps jump to full conclusions from only half the story. - Happens to me, too…

regards, Nils

SIR is the single greatest free plug in out there. :)

Hi Tom:
You are exactly right… I spent some time manufactuering some Impulse Response Samples… for use, in S.I.R. They were posted by me, way back when… They are not “Hi-End Top Quality” samples, by any stretch of the imagination, but I’m getting mail from guys, all over, asking about them, and how I made them…

They work O.K. to pretty good for some types of Acoustic Piano/ Grand Piano Tracks, so I hear… Anyway, that is some of my effort in paying back and Primeing-the-Pump…

Bill…

Yep I have those, Bill - a church - I remember you made them using APEX LDC mics, right? And you shot a pistol or something? (Kidding about the pistol :) )

Quote (Nils K @ May 02 2005,00:54)
Hi all.

Just this small post to tell you all that SIR is alive and kicking as of april 25, 2005, when an update was put on the site. I read a post where the author told about working on other projects, and this was apparently misinterpreted as him not pursuing further development of SIR. Not so. In fact, I expect to see more updates soon. :D

regards, Nils

Thanks for the update, Nils!

:cool:

Tony
Quote (woxnerw @ May 02 2005,03:05)
Could it be ??? that he has reconsidered his S.I.R. development?

Not saying anything, just observing here, but it seems an interesting coincidence that after nearly a year without any updates, an update suddently appears so soon after the email went out about his employment with Wizoo. Who knows, maybe this new release is Christian's response to whatever rumors might be out there? Oh well, more reading between the lines, I suppose :)

Tony