SIX SONGS ADDED TO MY MOTAGATOR SITE

comments welcome

a stroke left me mute so the vox is written in stone and can’t be re-dubbed. i hope you can enjoy my efforts, warts and all. :D

www.motagator.net/dongaynor

’the dance’ and ‘two pina coladas’ are sung by my eldest son, gordon.

thanks for squinting an ear at them.

don

Hi Don:

Those tracks are sounding pretty nice…
The ears aren’t hurting …
The Dynamics are just fine…

Bill…

There are some very good mixes there.
‘The Dance’ and ‘Two Pina Coladas’ are both very well done.
Gordon sounds very seasoned on those.
The steel guitar on L&B is pure country. Nice.
‘Blue Eyes …’ is good - but the vocals need some fattening.
(myself - I can’t sing a note and I don’t know much about
vocal recording, but maybe doubling them or something)
Good guitar work on the collection. Personally, I would like
to hear some solid bass and drums on some of the cuts. But that
is matter of ones interpretation of ‘country’.

thanks guys. actually bill contributed the bass on l&b waltz with the late len macdonald from nova scotia on psg with their original tune done in 15 minutes. thanks bill.

Excellent effort. I enjoyed every one of them. It’s obvious that this ain’t your first rodeo. :agree:

All good stuff, Don. I really like the effect that the ethnic drum intro has on the feel of ‘Two Pina Coladas’. Even though I’m not the biggest Country fan, I like all of your tracks - I have wished a life away, hoping to play like the guit work on ‘chicken pickin’ - great tempo for it too and very exciting. What is that tempo, by the way - 130?

yeah, tony it is 130. thanks for listening.

Hey I love Chicken Pluckin, you got some good ones up! Nice guitar sound all around, pretty slick chops!Horse Feathers - another good one, That’s some true country there! Loved it!

bill, i’ve been asked what brand steel guitar that len played on l&b waltz. do you remember? lots of nice comments from psg players on other forums including europe’s champion psg player. how is len’s wife getting along? please pass along our love. :D

I so miss Leonard…
Every time I get around music we did over the years I look for him to comment on we hear…
We argued like hell over music that we did…
Arrangements …
too much of this, not enough of that…
He was more traditional in his tastes than I am…
Maybe, because he was a few more years older than I am… I don’t know…
The last TV work we did was fronted by Donny MacKinnon back in… I think '96…
Was it that long ago ????
Go to YouTube…
Look for woxnerw…
You’ll see him up there…
He had several guitars…
I think the one he plays on the BT Show was a single neck ShoBud…but he had MSA’s, Carters, Emmons, and you name the Brands…
When we setup on that set… that day, I wanted to play the '64 Precision Bass I have…
No-Go…
the room was so noisy with the lighting that I had to use the Westburn BX 500 Bass, I have
:disagree: , I was heartbroken :)
:laugh:
However, his son Bobby plays a style that is newer and up-to-date than his old man…
Bobby has a set of hands, ears and style that’d knock you off your feet…
I think it was born in him…
Who knows ????

Anyway, when we played the Concerts and Legion rooms he set up his E 9th and C 6th double neck(s) along with a Dobro guitar…
that was modified with a Shadow pickup on the Cone…
One beautiful stage setup he had…

There’s a guy over in the UK somewhere that plays a Steel guitar style that’s so nice…
He’s got scads of YouTube stuff up there…
What a great player he is… This guy has hands-and-fingers on him that’ll knock your socks off…
I wish I could remember his name…
I know I have some of his stuff bookmarked…
I’ll see if I can find it a post some links to it…

Bill…

Back Again:
I found a link to this guy… David Hartly Great Steel Player This guy is extraordinary… If there’s a smoother player… Show me…

Bill.