Skin O' My Ears!!!

Get that guitar sound

can you guys show me how to get that guitar sound on the countdown to extinction album by megadeth?

Peace

what kind of equipment do you have?

that megadeth album is slick as can be.

its gonna take some tweaking but you should be able to get close.

lemme know, metal is my middle name

:wink:

Quote (brentg @ Nov. 19 2004,08:51)
what kind of equipment do you have?

that megadeth album is slick as can be.

its gonna take some tweaking but you should be able to get close.

lemme know, metal is my middle name

;)

that is a great sound. dave has the cleanest distortion i've ever heard - if that makes sense. his playing style is also a huge part of that sound. good luck!

lates

t-willy

I believe Dave uses a Rocktron Prophecy with a Marshall Poweramp. The PodXT has a few amp models that can get you pretty close. I really like the guitar tone on youthanasia and cryptic writings too.

I have a Marshall JTM 45 and a boss turbo overdrive & DS 1 & a Les Paul imitation. good sounding guitar though, at least for me but can’t get daves tone.

i think one thing that makes daves sound it the use of a noise gate. its quiet as ####.

the only way to get close is put on the cd, and listen and compare to your sound as you play.

id say his tone is highly compressed, not much bass, a bump in the 5k range, just the right amount of overdrive, and a huge noise gate cutoff. almost a solid state sound. not much tube mushyness to it.

a different guitar may make a big diff. usually a les paul has lots of bass and a warmer sound. he plays a jackson(im sure you know) which is very percussive and somewhat thin.

hey thanks guys! I’ll consider all your suggestions. :)

peace