slow wav zooming in v7.03

[visual latency]

pressing +/- zoom icon on toolbar in v703-3112 takes around 1/2 a second to happen to onscreen wav file, fastest it can manage is around 1 zoom per sec, whereas in v2.3 or 3.3 i can zoom as fast as i can click [around 6 zooms per sec]
this was from a fresh install and defaults in ‘settings-waveform display’ tried turning off all those features but no change.

i have nvidia 2Gb GT 640, 2gb ram, 2.33mhz core 2 duo on winXP. i can also zoom in realtime speeds in cakewalk 2010 so i don’t think it’s my pc.
i’m sticking with the older faster versions for now, just wanted to report and see if anyone else has same issue so it can be fixed.

Have you experimented with the Zoom Selection and the Revert to last Zoom commands?
There are the two zoom vertical in/out, two zoom horizontal in/out, Zoom Selection, View All Song, Revert to Last Zoom Level. I find the Zoom Last Zoom Level helpful for what you are talking about and it is pretty instantaneous.
Hope this is what you need.
Bax

i use all the zoom buttons including ones u mention very frequently actually, i just want them all to work as fast as they do in v2/3, after all it is supposed to be an upgrade not a downgrade.

so are u saying horizontal/vertical zoom is slow for u too? i can’t workaround the issue by using other buttons, my best workaround is to stick with v2/3 unless it improves.

No, fortunately the speed of the zoom haz not been an issue for me.

Quote: (v2.3rules @ Jan. 01 2014, 3:08 AM)

pressing +/- zoom icon on toolbar in v703-3112 takes around 1/2 a second to happen to onscreen wav file, fastest it can manage is around 1 zoom per sec, whereas in v2.3 or 3.3 i can zoom as fast as i can click [around 6 zooms per sec]
this was from a fresh install and defaults in 'settings-waveform display' tried turning off all those features but no change.

i have nvidia 2Gb GT 640, 2gb ram, 2.33mhz core 2 duo on winXP. i can also zoom in realtime speeds in cakewalk 2010 so i don't think it's my pc.
i'm sticking with the older faster versions for now, just wanted to report and see if anyone else has same issue so it can be fixed.

The speed of the redraw depends on many factors, including the number and length of tracks, and of course the CPU and graphic card speed. Is the problem specific to a certain song or it happens even with simple 1 track song?

Flavio.

been testing with 2 trak song no fx - the 1st is looped 8 times total length under 3mins, since i’ll be working with up to 16 traks later it’s not looking good…if it’s just my flaky old cpu/OS then fair enough and thank god for awesome legacy support here - many vendors no longer support vista let alone XP, so i’m clinging on to all the good old software…

update: i just tried v7.1.2 and issue is still there, however if i zoom a selection, then the ‘zoom slider’ appears, and dragging this works instantly and very fast without any delay, so its not my hardware then.

it seems the buttons themselves have a delay built in.

Well spotted.