So, am I the only one

…doing 50/90 this year? C’mon, you sluggards! There is still time!

I’ll be happy to do 12/13…

I think that’s how many tracks are usually on an album. :laugh:

dontcare

So, do 12 in 90.

like I said I’ll be fortunate to get 12 in 365 this year!

my workflow is a trainreck,

I tend to only work on one piece at a time like an obsession I will work day and night until it’s done, but it’s REALLY hard for me to get motivated beyond that and it seems the only time I am passionate enough about a piece is when I have the inspiration for it still hot and while it’s still in mental development as far as structure and expression of emotion goes, I won’t eat sleep, or leave the pit until it’s finished to my satisfaction (and occasionally beyond my expectations) but to just go up their and say “I got three songs to get done today” you might as well just shoot me in the foot, too much like work.
:;): and I just don’t inspire on demand.

dontcare
:cool:

So far this year looks like 1/365… but I have been recording and mixing other people so that’s all good.

Over the weekend I recorded a local band. I went to their rehearsal space (always a bit hit and miss) but it wasn’t too bad.

Nowhere near enough time!!

Mark…how are you recording remotely, and what gear/program are you using?
Do you get paid for it?

I aspire to the challenge idea but like Jeremy, not “on demand”. It’s a great excuse, in theory, though, to concentrate.

you would be very surprised at what you can come up with…some garbage, yes, but quite often some real gems come up.

Even if it is 99% garbage, the activity is good for the soul, and very good for writing chops.

is that 50 songs in 90 days? good grief i couldn’t think of anything worse! i pretty much only ever write when the mood strikes. i can kinda see why you’d sign up for something like this, the challenge, the discipline, the routine breaking, the out of comfort zone, and for the songs that come out of it, but there is no way I could do it.

I blame TomS. Last Feb I embraced FAWM. Wrote 9, ditched 5, finished 3, still working on one;-)

Quote: (monstasonix @ Jul. 28 2011, 6:34 PM)

is that 50 songs in 90 days?
good grief i couldn't think of anything worse!
i pretty much only ever write when the mood strikes.
i can kinda see why you'd sign up for something like this, the challenge, the discipline, the routine breaking, the out of comfort zone, and for the songs that come out of it, but there is no way I could do it.

Sure, you can.
Quote: (TomS @ Jul. 28 2011, 7:01 PM)

Quote: (monstasonix @ Jul. 28 2011, 6:34 PM)

is that 50 songs in 90 days?
good grief i couldn't think of anything worse!
i pretty much only ever write when the mood strikes.
i can kinda see why you'd sign up for something like this, the challenge, the discipline, the routine breaking, the out of comfort zone, and for the songs that come out of it, but there is no way I could do it.

Sure, you can.

:agree:

Of course, I am falling behind. Haven’t had a chance to record seriously for more than a week. Gotta cram some stuff in soon. This weekend is shot, too, with ridiculous driving requirements imposed by children who want to go visit grandparents and go to camp and stuff.

Quote: (TomS @ Jul. 28 2011, 9:05 PM)

Of course, I am falling behind.
Haven't had a chance to record seriously for more than a week.
Gotta cram some stuff in soon. This weekend is shot, too, with ridiculous driving requirements imposed by children who want to go visit grandparents and go to camp and stuff.

Laptop, interface, guit and mic in the car.
Quote: (spreadercraig @ Jul. 28 2011, 11:31 AM)

Nowhere near enough time!!

Mark...how are you recording remotely, and what gear/program are you using?
Do you get paid for it?

Sorry, missed this.

I'm using my stock Dell laptop (Inspiron 1525, about 4 years old), with a dual boot vista partition just for recording. I used my Tascam US1641 interface (USB). I mic'd the drums, DI'd the bass and acoustic guitar (yuk) and mic'd the electric guitar. I used XLR splitters on the guys' vocal mics (quite nice mics).

I ran out of XLR inputs on the Tascam do I used some XLR to jack converters for a few of the tracks.

And, yes, I got paid. I charged a per-song fee - a sliding scale based on the number of songs. They did three.
Quote: (TonyR @ Jul. 29 2011, 1:44 PM)

I blame TomS.

I blame Mr Eisenmengerjagermanjenson : -)
Quote: (Mark A @ Jul. 30 2011, 4:27 AM)

Quote: (TonyR @ Jul. 29 2011, 1:44 PM)

I blame TomS.

I blame Mr Eisenmengerjagermanjenson
: -)

He's #1!

http://en.spongepedia.org/index.php?title=Smitty_Werben_Man_Jensen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfhGVIe1gvg