So far Change is same old same

I was really hoping Obama would walk his talk but watching how the whole Clinton Sec. of State thing has played out I’m skeptical. Waiting for Bill to fess up to “where all the bodies are buried” in his foundation and all just torqued me right off. Politics as usual.

There was someone who said, The presidency is like steering an aircraft carrier, you can slowly bring it around a wide berth, but you can’t do a hairpin turn.

We’ll see what “change” really comes out of all this.

Its gettin to be like a bad episode of Star Trek.
(Without Spock)
Market? - c-r-a-s-h

Heh, guy isn’t even sworn in and he is already getting ragged on. Ah well, yeah, politics as usual… haven’t even started the job and the public is hating you. To me it comes down to can she do the job? We’ll see. Just think how much better she will look in a burqa on those mid-east trips. :)

I intended the post to be more an admission of my own naivete than an Obama rag.

I probably shouldn’t comment… I know better…

I personally feel the Clinton’s should both be JAILED… but here we are, giving her a top level job so they can sell us out even further. :disagree:

God Bless the USA.

D

Meh, I say you can’t complain until he is sworn in… then go for it. :)

Why should they be jailed? Not trying to start anything… just curious.

Heck, Bush is in line for a good jailing himself. Sigh. Or as Mel Brooks says… it’s good to be the king.

Bush just needs an ass whoopin’ IMHO.

Do any of you guys pay any Never-Mind to what is going on up here ????

Democracy is going to H**L in a Hand-Basket…

Bill…

I heard they signed a paper declaring they were taking over the world, and the existing government was out. Oh and the airports are now open after the government fell. That may be another country…

That close enough?

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Dec. 02 2008, 2:47 PM)

Why should they be jailed? Not trying to start anything... just curious.

One for their shady dealings in Arkansas... Yeah, I know... it was quickly hushed and swept under the rug... I've already forgotten the details.

Bill in particular for turning a blind eye while China stole heap loads of top secret weapons technology from Los Alamos and Lawrence Livermore Labs. Thanks to his ignorance along with his stupid AG, China leaped about 20 years ahead in weapons and technology research that we did the hard way. Stuff that NOBODY should learn. Least of all a bunch of wack-job Communists. Idiots...

You know... that old chestnut.

Do a little digging on The Cox Report. Clintoons cronies ran around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to get the report hushed up. If it been fully revealed how negligent he and his cronies had been, the Lewinsky mess would have been a minor zit in comparison.

Ain't got not use for no Clintoon's...

D

The Gang in Ottawa is about to hurt us… BiG TiMe… It seems as though they are working toward a $0.25 Loonie… O.K. $0.26 Loonie… The Opposition Parties want to form a Government and then bail out the Car Industry and the Lumber Industry… The average taxpayer is not buying cars… AND the people with money are buying imported cars… The Lobstermen stopped fishing this week… They can’t afford to bring them in for $3.25 a LB… What with the cost of fuel and bait and all… So-They-Say…

I’m not a fisherman… But… I was a Bass Player… :p :laugh: I think… ???

Bill…

This is my last political rant - for a while.
First - I wish the Obama team success.
I feel public trust in banks and our larger corps will not
be restored until those people are fired from there jobs in disgrace.
You can not fail at this magnitude, and be rewarded for it. No way.
So until everyone of the people who were at the helm when they crashed
the world economy are fired or jailed or both, then public confidence
in these institutions is and should be extremely low and skeptical.
And yes Canada was infected by these vermin as well.
Don’t forget these crooks. The ones getting bailouts (bankers) - they should
all be dismissed immediately. Until they are - take your money elsewhere.
(what’s left of it).

Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Dec. 02 2008, 5:57 PM)

This is my last political rant - for a while.
First - I wish the Obama team success.
I feel public trust in banks and our larger corps will not
be restored until those people are fired from there jobs in disgrace.
You can not fail at this magnitude, and be rewarded for it. No way.
So until everyone of the people who were at the helm when they crashed
the world economy are fired or jailed or both, then public confidence
in these institutions is and should be extremely low and skeptical.
And yes Canada was infected by these vermin as well.
Don't forget these crooks. The ones getting bailouts (bankers) - they should
all be dismissed immediately. Until they are - take your money elsewhere.
(what's left of it).

Hear, hear!! Right on the nose...

D

So far, I’m feeling fairly optimistic about our future prez. I actually take it as a good sign that he wants Hillary in his cabinet, and that he’s keeping Gates as his Secretary of Defense. As for our economic woes, I think bundling mortgages and selling them to investors had a major role in this mess, and now I hear talk of doing the same thing with credit card debt. How can that possibly be a good idea?

Quote: (Dubious @ Dec. 02 2008, 4:58 PM)

One for their shady dealings in Arkansas...

I hear ya... seems at least Clinton and Bush II have their share of shady dealings. Sigh. Again, it is good to be the king. However, I have to give Clinton props for Kosovo...