So how is nTrack these days?

Hey folks,

I was a long time nTracker until a few years ago and then I moved to the Dark Side.

Anyway, I had to work on an old nTrack project last week and I got all nostalgic over nTrack for a while and it made me wonder how it’s doing at the moment.

It would be nice to try a couple of projects in nTrack but I’m a couple or three versions behind so it would be interesting to hear the stories before I splash out for a new version.

Mark

Well… it costs double the “Dark Side” and crashes twice as often. You do the math. :laugh:

UJ

PS Seriously… I haven’t used n since V4 or V5. I tried the “Dark Side” and was so spoiled by how things actually worked like they were supposed to, I never looked back. n is still a couple or three/four/ten years behind. (IMO) Lotta stuff missing that is common in modern DAW’s…

Hi MarkA:

Good to see you here…
I watched some Sport Rowing from New Zealand yesterday on the CBC Network…
I thought of you right-away…
I’m not sure if it was North-side
or
South-side…
I call it that…
Sorry…
Anyway, the weather looks fabulous over there…
It would sure be nice to park there for the winter and what we are facing over here…

I’m off work on a health leave…
I’m getting lense implants proceedure, done…
so I can see, as they say… I have one done and I’m waitng to get the right eye worked on.
SO…
As you can see, I am working on restoring old and tired Guitar Amps…
We, Bob and I are spending our spare time doing-and-keeping busy…
You know, if you get up in the morning and don’t have anything on your list, TO-DO, it makes it kindda tough to get outta bed…

This might be the break I need to move from the Work-a-Day World to No-Work-a-Day World… I’ve been workin on this for more than a year, now…

The government don’t want you to quit…
They’re too used to the money you have in your wallet…
Hey…
lol

Bill…

Hi Again MarkA:

I was sure I saw you up here just a while ago…
My time is 4:45pm on Tuesday afternoon…
I don’t know what your time is at this hour-and-day…
If you are around and you have this reply sent to your E-Mail/In Box, can you come back and have a peek at this Guitar ????
Bob and I are about to get busy at seeing what we can do to make it playable…

DSCF1124

This is the link to the Burns Guitar Photo Blog
I thought you might be able to fill in some of the knowledge base of this guitar’s History, and all…
Maybe, even…
first-hand stories…

Yea know…
If these antique Instruments-and-Amps don’t get set aside, all this stuff is gonna contaminate the landfill sites…

Bill…

Where the heck did you get that, Bill? You are on an equipment rampage these days!!! :agree:

I really hope I get my eyes fixed so I can get back to work… Instead of scoring old junk musical gear…
???
:)
:p
:laugh:

What a Way-to-Go…
lol I think Bob and I has hit the mother-load…
We discovered the right neighbourhood for yard sales…

The time is right…
You see, it’s that time-of-year when the wives are laying the law down to their hubbies…

[Quote}…
It’s been said…

That
junk has to go by the end of next week… I wantta get the rec-room ready for Christmas…
OR…
you’ll be finding another place to call home…
Now get busy…
AND…

I’ve heard it all before…
Too-many-times…

Bill…

Yeah, I hit a good vein of stuff a couple of years ago. Not so much lately. This area has been hit so hard, I think everything of value has been sold.

Quote: (TomS @ Nov. 16 2010, 7:54 PM)

Yeah, I hit a good vein of stuff a couple of years ago.
Not so much lately.
This area has been hit so hard, I think everything of value has been sold.

Hi TomS:
I think everything of value has been sold.

Allow me to turn that around..

I think everything of value has been bought..

by TomS..

There.. I think that a better ending to the song..

Bill.. :whistle:

Bill,
cool looking guitar, hope you make it playable.
Still looking for more vintage stuff?, check out this link I just got in
for old Pink Floyd live equipment (can only imagine what one would have to bid$$$). . .
http://fohonline.com/index.p…temid=1

Boy…
Ain’t that stuff nice… ?

Lets take-off and go over there…
See if can “Score” some of that stuff…
???

I heard about that stuff…
must have been some time ago now…
It was the leading edge of technology when those guys were working the tour circuits…
Wasn’t that the group that recorded the Guinness Book of Records for the loudest concert of all time at Wembley Stadium ????
130db sound pressure level…
???? ????
Seems to me…
Anyway, whoever it was, did it with a truckload of Crown Power Amps…

Talkin about auctions…

Dec 11 is the local music and stage hardware auction over here…
the local musicians put one on this time, every year…
I’m out workin on pickin up beer cans and pop bottles so I got some loonies to go to it…

I’m lookin for a few hanks of used bow-hair for my fiddle bow…

:laugh:

Bill…

I can’t get N to start on my machine FWIW.

Hey Mark - how’s New Zealand compare to the Old Zealand? That’s my answer.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Nov. 16 2010, 10:34 PM)

I can't get N to start on my machine FWIW.

What did you do to Deserve that ????

Do you think there's a CODE in the "R Editor" that keeps anyone from loading the "N Editor" and if by chance that anyone gets it installed that it makes it useless
:)
:whistle: ????

As you are aware, I have a Network Internet issue that the IT Server people are workin on for me-and-my setup over here.. SO.. He came in and looked around..
Anyway, what a great guy he is..
He's a 12 year veteran around this stuff..
I discovered he is a TUBE AMP Guitar Player..
and
a Marshall/Fender (some Strat version), Freak.. He's got it BAD....

He's on the Quest for a 4 x's 12 Marshall Cabinet, for his setup..

Anyway, he is an Intel Camp kindda guy..
AND
NO Windows 7 or Vista,, Anything..
He's an XP Professional/Intel/Bratt..

Do you think you might score an n-Track install if you had a machine with XP Home as the O/S ????

I don't know why you can't get that "N Editor" up and running..

Bill..

These are on machines that don’t have Reaper installed. I am not about to kludge up my working DAW. Not to mention, Reaper works peachy next to Protools, Sonar, and Cubase, so the likelihood of sabotage is less than zero. I think N has done a fine job of making itself useless in this case. No matter, I haven’t used N in probably 4 years at this point… so no loss.

Sounds like you got better machines that can run pretty much anything.

Good for you! :agree:

If you would have done that back when you used Ntrack you’d have been better off.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Nov. 17 2010, 11:11 AM)

If you would have done that back when you used Ntrack you'd have been better off.

It still won't run on these supposedly better machines. How does that equate especially considering all other majors DAWs work with out issue? (Well, not true, ProTools sucks it is own special ways, but it at leasts starts and sort of works.)

Hmm. I have W7 with Reaper, Orion, and n-Track all running happily together. I think a saboteur has access to Bubba’s computer. I suspect Jeremy. Or Unblown. I, too, am a suspect, I suspect. Poppa is beyond suspicion. I’m not so sure about Bill. Tina is off the hook, for now. Sarah, however…hmmm…that’s got to be the answer…yeah…Sarah…

N prolly hates pr0n.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Nov. 17 2010, 11:59 AM)

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Nov. 17 2010, 11:11 AM)

If you would have done that back when you used Ntrack you'd have been better off.

It still won't run on these supposedly better machines. How does that equate especially considering all other majors DAWs work with out issue? (Well, not true, ProTools sucks it is own special ways, but it at leasts starts and sort of works.)

Hey I'm not sayzin you dadn't do the right thing.....for the cost of upgrading you got another app....

I have long stated that the upgrade cost on these versions are overpriced.

If you look at the offers Sonar puts out on regular and the "tiers" you able to step your way up you will see what I mean.

That being said a person purchasing Ntrack today gets the FULL version 24bit (or is it 32 now?)....for $65.

While guys like me whom have been on this for 10 years and already paid over that are stuck on 5.1, and need to pay MORE to get what a new customer gets.

As far as the proggy goes, it's stable on my system but I took a lot of time and research investigating motherboards and firewire devices to make sure I would have a system capable of handling 16 tracks simultaneously. (+1 midi track)

I didn't go out and buy some cheap dell and then expect stellar audio performance....(not saying you did Bubba, but plenty of people do)

If you haven't used Ntrack for 4 years...what version are you trying to load on these systems? must be a pretty old one, and it would not have made sense for you to pay for the upgrade when you say you gave up on N.
The reason I ask is there were a few problems with 5 I am aware of that if you didn't correct the settings would freeze it up on loading (a particular gray popup trying to load previous songs comes to mind) if you close that pop up right at the beginning before the freeze then change it in preferences to not come up at start up you are off to the races with N.

keep shinin

jerm :cool: