So whatcha all working on the weekend

…following in Tom’s tradition

:slight_smile:

Well my wife came home from her 3 week trip to see her folks in NZ, so we’ve been catching up.

I also spent some time cleaning up the bargain bass I got on Ebay.

This afternoon, I helped my son record some guitar tracks on a re-work he’s doing of one of my songs for a school project.

What more could a man want?

…oh I know… a lay-in tomorrow and an afternoon with friends 'cos it’s a HOLIDAY here tomorrow. Woohoo!

So whatcha all been doing then?

Mark

Translating an Iggy Pop biography to Finnish.

Planning of going to find a 12-string guitar next week when I get some money.

Celebrating the 1st of May weekend with my wife (who’s studying hard, so I have a lot of time for work and planning).

Eyup!

<!–QuoteBegin>

Translating an Iggy Pop biography to Finnish.

Now that’s a worthy project!

I’ve been at work all weekend, so sleep is my priority now :D

Steve

<!–QuoteBegin>

I’ve been at work all weekend, so sleep is my priority now

So whaddya do Steve?

Mark

Mwah - seriously? Which biography? Is Iggy popular there?

I wrote a bad tune to try out my new reverb in as many ways as I could. :)

Also, we had a big party for our twin 7 year old girls, lots of 1st grade girls running around having fun. :D

You Guys and all your Hollidays way over there… No wonder we gotta work 9-Days a week over here to Cover for all that lost time… :O :laugh: :p

I can’t imagine a trip like that… To the other end of the earth…

I’m preparing to swap out a faulty Mainboard on this ASUS/Intel P-4 I have in the studio… I went down last weekend… like a bag of potatoes…

I’m studying up on all the issues that I may have to address in the process of doing this… and causing as little mental abuse to my head as I can get away… with…

Bill…

I’m half a Steve - I’ve done a few hours of work-work overtime, I’ve done nothing for a lot longer ???

Tracked drums… tracked vocals… tracked a Nashville strung guitar… mowed the lawn… went to a baby shower… not too shabby except that I could have gotten my bass traps installed had I skipped mowing the lawn. :)

I have 21 days off now so I’m doing lots of composing. I started recording this real sappy intro and decided to mood change it a bit with some palm muted rake picking but unfortuneately I got a result that sounds like a Toby Keith song. Still can make it my own though.

Quote (Bubbagump @ April 30 2006,23:22)
I could have gotten my bass traps installed had I skipped mowing the lawn. :)

Geez Bubba I still have snow in my yard, perhaps you could send me your bass :D

Quote (TomS @ April 30 2006,17:45)
Mwah - seriously?

Of course! I’m a literary translator by profession… :cool:

<!–QuoteBegin>
Which biography?

Joe Ambrose’s Gimme Danger. Haven’t read others, but this one seems like pretty good one.

<!–QuoteBegin>
Is Iggy popular there?

A cult figure, but rather eminent cult figure. Especially among certain rock musicians. His records don’t sell that much, but the people who praise him have moved a lot of albums (and, in turn, inspired others).

He’ll be performing in Tampere in a couple of months, we’ll see…
Quote (Mark A @ May 01 2006,01:09)
I've been at work all weekend, so sleep is my priority now

So whaddya do Steve?

Mark
As little as possible, but still earning money, if I know Steve :D
It used to be a tradition of ours when we worked together. beefy supplied the brains, and I........ well I just turned up each day! Our biggest problem was making 3 hours work stretch to an 8 hour day. Aahh, good times.

This weekend I've been trying to record some demo tracks that I've been asked to send to the Philippines. Only problem is ,I'm so used to doing one or two takes only, that I've found myself striving to be more professional in my approach and as a result seem to have lost something in the process! The voice seems to much less natural and a little bit stilted.
Oh well! Back to the drawing board!
:)

…well when asked how many people work in my office I usually reply “about half of them”…

My middle son (a drummer), asked me to show him some basic bass guitar riffs yesterday. He picked it up pretty quickly (oh to be 13 again!) and he’s asking for more today. Very cool.

Mark

Quote (Bruffie @ May 01 2006,03:43)
Quote (Mark A @ May 01 2006,01:09)
<!–QuoteBegin>
I’ve been at work all weekend, so sleep is my priority now

So whaddya do Steve?

Mark

As little as possible, but still earning money, if I know Steve :D
It used to be a tradition of ours when we worked together. beefy supplied the brains, and I… well I just turned up each day! Our biggest problem was making 3 hours work stretch to an 8 hour day. Aahh, good times.

Eyup!
I’ve had a career change. I used to do electronics repair and calibration. I had to give that up as the arthritis in my hands meant I no longer had the required dexterity.
I wanted to get into get into Network Admin. so I took the Cisco CCNA but such jobs are non-existant here without 3-5 years previous experience.
So now I work for a security firm watching cctv 12 hours a day.
Upside is I work 3 days on, 5 days off and earn as much as I did in my previous incarnation :)

Bruffie is right about the 3 hours work, although the sad fact was that we were probably the hardest workers there!
Needless to say, that particular firm no longer exists.

Steve

Did a karate demo on saturday, got my arm cut by a tile that I was holding for someone elses break…

I actually went and recorded at a local studio with the coverband I play in. Our new singer was really keen to go and get a studio demo done, rather than the live gig “chorus bitzers” I’ve been recording at gigs.

I’m not fussed by it actually, it was quite nice to go somewhere with just the bass, a tuner and a couple of leads and a DI and not have to worry about all the setup and associated recording problems. I did help mic up the drum kit though.

I’ve known the bloke who runs it for quite some time and he’s just moved to a new building - suspended drum room, 16-20ft ceilings. Some nice gear. We had the option to do it ourselves with his gear for half price, but I don’t know Logic and like I said before, wanted to concentrate on playing.

Digi002/Logic 7 on a Mac - crashed a number of times. He worked out the problem though - it was if he armed the tracks in a certain window.

Willy.

Mwah, that is very cool.

The spirits of Iggy and the Ashtons still sort of haunted Ann Arbor when I was an undergrad there in 1980. I hear they are making a movie about his career and life…