Some drums. Your thoughts...?

Hey dudetrons. I recorded some drums last night with n-Track; just thought I’d share a little sample with you all. Feel free to offer thoughts or feedback if you have any. It’s cool if you don’t dig them, because I think I really do. :)

20050211_drums.mp3

EDIT: Forgot the link.

EDIT2: My server was about to explode, so the link is down. Any way I can hook an attachment to this post?

EDIT3: N/M, found a mirror.

Sounds like you only have one mic in the room-tee hee.
And there’s a slight echo like there’s no sound proofing (padding) goin’ on.
Anyway, it certainly sounds like your havin’ fun. And I don’t want to say too much, and get you mad or something.
I really need more drummer freinds, than enemies.
Keep trackin’

jerm

:cool:

short and sweet, sounds like my “in the basement” set! Try the multiple mic set ups.

short and sweet, sounds like my “in the basement” set! Try the multiple mic set ups.

Now that you’re set to record drums, are you available for sessions?? Can’t beat real drums (pardon the pun).

I assume it is an accoustic set (the hats almost sounded not acoustic to me for some reason). Good balance on the levels. THe BD sounds nice and big. I think all it needs is a little reverb here and there since you got a good dry recording (get the snare a little more wet sounding).

The more i think about the snare the stranger is sounds though… it sounds like there is natural reverb from the room but the gate is cutting it off, or there is a flanger or something on it. So that is my one complaint. Oh and the hats are very dry, a little too dry for my tastes. Good recording overall though.