some new free vst things

:slight_smile:

Havenā€™t tried them, but they look like they might be worth trying, so here ya are:

http://www.modernplugins.in-tw.com/

Nice. Thanks !

I take it the guys who thought out the names of the plugins got their inspiration from the ā€˜classicā€™ plugins ?

They sure looks cool.
Theyā€™re busy coming down.
The ā€˜Spacerā€™ looks promising.

W.

Edit - even the name of the developer (Antress) reminds of some other vst developersā€¦

Thanks Tom,

Hope they sound as good as they look. Will have to wait for a bit to try them here - more important things to do unfortunately.

EDIT: Yes, I too noticed the name Antress. Made me smile

Hi Guys:
Thanks TomSā€¦ They sure look niceā€¦ It might be interesting to see/compare the CPU Usage of these compared to the Kjaerhus Classic plugsā€¦ andā€¦ if you can run mulitable instances of the plugs on the same timelineā€¦ andā€¦ wellā€¦

Billā€¦

Has anyone tried them yet? Iā€™m not sure I have a rar unpacking utilityā€¦?

cliff
:cool:

Eyup!

Oh no! what a dilemma, do I go for the silver or the black?

Which will sound best :;):

Steve

Hi Beefy:
Thereā€™s Lotta options thereā€¦ ā€œMix-and-Matchā€ā€¦ :O ??? Maybeā€¦ every other one silverā€¦ orā€¦ every other one blackā€¦ Iā€™m like a crowā€¦ I like shiny thingsā€¦ :O :p

I havenā€™t used them yetā€¦ But, they look nice, up on the deskā€¦ The silver onesā€¦ that isā€¦

Billā€¦

Pink plugins or bust !

I tried them. They sound great to me. But due to my limited knowledge, I canā€™t do the compare-and-contrast on them. One thing that I know though is they consume CPU like 5 times more than n-track similar plug-ins. So Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™d use them a lot.

Hi Francis:
At times, good plugs that are written by newbes that are working on the codeing that will eventually get better on later versions of their plugsā€¦ and use less resourcesā€¦ Iā€™m only assuming thisā€¦

Then there are these plugs that uses huge amounts of graphic resources that they slow down the graphics card. These are all resourses that are needed for ā€œsmoothā€ sounding audio reproduction from your DAWā€¦

I find this happens to me on this slow P-111, I haveā€¦ When this occurs I do one of several thingsā€¦ Iā€™ll ā€œFreezeā€ the track(s) that Iā€™m not working on/withā€¦ to free up resourcesā€¦

Butā€¦ I like to create a new timeline and try to recall the properties that I like to hear on that O N E track all by itself on a timeline and do whatever it takes to get IT sounding right then re-import the up-dated/rendered re-named track back into the work-in-progress timelineā€¦ This may take several attempts to complete the taskā€¦ It takes a bit of time to do all thisā€¦ but in the name-of-creativity you have to do whatever it takes to arrive at the end-productā€¦

Billā€¦

I tried them. They do what theyā€™re supposed to do. A bit hoggish on the CPU though.

Quote (ChuckGlyder @ Jan. 27 2007,15:41)
I tried them. They do what they're supposed to do. A bit hoggish on the CPU though.

Hmmmm. That's a shame.

I've still not tried them. Maybe tomorrow.