Some Republicans really do care about us.

Too bad the poll is not scientific! :)

Yeah, I understand what you’re saying Bubbagump, and I more or less agree with it. We probably are more the slaves of our genes than we’d like to admit.

But there is a problem in defining what is ‘normal’ and what is ‘abnormal’ in sex.

Luckily though; ‘Two-faced lying hypocritical scumbag of a politician’ is much easier to define.

I can buy a little into the genetic thing Bubba… but acts like these always involve CHOICE. This wack-job chose to be a perverted pedophile. Genetics may have played a role causing him to lean toward “un-natural” feelings but he chose to act on them rather than suppress what he KNEW to be wrong.

I’m with Tom. Lock the sick pervo up so he can’t mess with more kids. I noted that today he has checked himself into rehab. What? He only gets kinky when he’s toasted? That’s a choice too…

D

I don’t see what the problem is. He didn’t do anything I haven’t done. OK, not 16 year old boys but 16-18 year old girls. Get them while they’re fresh I say. Or as my paw used to say, if they’re old enough to bleed they’re old enough to butcher. I know when I was a 16 year old boy I was no innocent child. So Foley was a liar and a hypocrite? Big deal, did you think any politician was anything else? This whole deal is just being blown up by bleeding hearted liberals. They criticize the administration over Iraq but what is their solution? They don’t have one so they just make a big deal over a fag congressman instead.

The Pages Respond:

Watch it till the end…it justs gets better.

KF

KingFish, that was…um…well…

So he checked himself into rehab, and called himself an alcoholic. Nice try, Mr. Representative. How about: sexual predator? I heard him say through his lawyer that he let down his family, his party, his country, etc. but NOT ONCE did he mention the kids he was messing with.

Looks like Hastert is in trouble too. Good. We can debate foreign policy all day long, but people using their positions of power to solicit sex from minors over the internet really doesn’t present any debatable questions.

Ah, I get it now, really this was just a ploy by repubs to distract the rest of us from the electronic voting machine problems, so that they don’t get fixed, so repubs can hack the machines and have Bush voted universal and eternal monarch. Dang, don’t know how I missed that.

Quote (KingFish @ Oct. 03 2006,02:55)
The Pages Respond:

Watch it till the end....it justs gets better.

KF

Well there is 4+ minutes I will never get back. :;):

I’d always thought that the age of consent was 18, but I’ve been looking in wikipedia and it seems it isn’t that simple.

It varies state to state, and even within states it’s confusing. In Colorado for example a girl can marry at 12 and a boy at 14 even though the age of consent is higher. Even in my own state where the age is 18 there are exemptions and those exemptions have no clear lower age limit.

It seems in D.C. the age of consent is 16, so has he broken the law in D.C.? And if the Internet server was also in D.C. have the Feds any authority?

Any lawyers in here?

I bet he slimes his way out of it some how. :(

Doesn’t matter what State law is. The online solicitation of a minor (<18yrs.Federal) is a felony.

If he’d been verbal he’d be in less trouble.

The real problem here is not his offense (as nasty as it is) but the cover up. Along with resignations by all the participants they should all be charged.

KF

This all came about because of some posts in another forum claiming that Foley hadn’t actually broken the law.

I don’t know, so hoping that someone with legal knowledge would know. But here’s what I’ve uncovered so far…

<!–QuoteBegin>

{Chapter 117, 18 U.S.C. 2422(b)} forbids the use of the United States Postal Service or other interstate or foreign means of communication, such as telephone calls or use of the internet, to persuade or entice a minor (defined as under 18 throughout chapter) to be involved in a criminal sexual act.

The act has to be illegal under state or federal law to be charged with a crime under 2422(b), and can even be applied to situations where both parties are within the same state, but uses an instant messenger program whose servers are in another state.

So it seems that Foley is a felon if he was involved in a criminal sexual act or persuading or enticing a minor to become involved in one and the server was out of state.

So the page was a minor as far as Federal law is concerned, but was a criminal act involved?

As far as D.C is concerned, there wasn’t, (age of consent 16).

So was there one as far as federal law is concerned?

<!–QuoteBegin>
For the purposes of age of consent, the only provision applicable is {Chapter 109A, 18 U.S.C. 2243(a)}. 2243(a) refers to situations where such younger person is under the age of 16 years, has attained 12 years of age, and the older person is more than 4 years older than the 12-15 year old (persons under 12 are handled under 18 U.S.C. 2241© under aggravated sexual abuse). So, the age is 12 years if you’re within 4 years of the 12-15 year old’s age, 16 under all other circumstances. This most likely reflects Congressional intent to not unduly interfere with a state’s age of consent law, which would have been the case if the age was set to 18 under all circumstances.

Contradictory isn’t it? And I bet that some high power legal team and a Republican judge would let him off.

And I agree with you KF, it’s not just the sexual predator thing, but it’s the cover up too.

You know… back in the good ol’ days, a few good ol’ boys would take Foley out behind the shed and beat the S%$T outta him while the kids parents encouraged 'em. Sadly, today, these kids parents are probably looking around for publishers and a book deal… :(

D

YES MIKE… I AM JADED! :D

Diogenes the Jaded,

I don’t live in the South (thank karma) but whenever I hear the term Good Ole Boyz I’m reminded of the movie Deliverance.

So the Good Ole Boyz would really take him out back and make him squeal like a pig. While that may be a fitting punishment…It probably is another one of his fantasy’s as well.

KF

Third congressman says Hastert knew
Here’s a thought…if these congressman “knew that Hastert knew” didn’t they also know? Of course, and what does THAT say?

<!–QuoteBegin>

Rep. Rodney Alexander, R-La., the congressman who sponsored the page at the heart of the furor, said Hastert “knew about the e-mails that we knew about,” including one in which Foley asked the page to send his picture.

A real shame is that there are many that will use this for political gain.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Aide says he reported Foley 3 years ago
AP - 18 minutes ago
WASHINGTON - Speaker Dennis Hastert’s political support showed signs of cracking on Wednesday as Republicans fled the fallout from an election-year scandal spawned by steamy computer messages from disgraced Rep. Mark Foley to teenage male pages. At the same time, the congressional aide who last week counseled Foley to quit said in an Associated Press interview he first warned Hastert’s aides more than three years ago about Foley’s worrisome conduct toward pages.

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/US/US_Congress

Ok, I’m staying out of this one…not only am I still unsure about the supposed difference between Republicans and Democrats, but I’ve met some 16 year old chicks who really rang my bell! :laugh:

There again, if any pervert would’ve came near my 16 old kids, I would’ve ripped their balls off! :angry:

Ali (comfortably hypocritical :D)

<!–QuoteBegin>

still unsure about the supposed difference between Republicans and Democrats

That’s easy O’ Green-one. There IS no difference other than their d@#n party card. I think I’m gonna run as an independent. I’ll call it “The Other Choices SUCK ARSE Party” or summat…

D

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20061004-064058-6521r

<!–QuoteBegin>

Report: Pages nervous around Foley in '95
WASHINGTON, Oct. 4 (UPI) – A former U.S. House of Representatives page said coworkers were uneasy about former U.S. Rep. Mark Foley’s behavior in his congressional freshman year in 1995.

Mark Beck-Heyman told The Washington Post warnings were circulated to steer clear of Foley, R-Fla., after he began inviting pages to his office for ice cream in notes and e-mail.

Foley resigned his House seat last Friday after ABC News reported he had been sending sexually suggestive messages to other pages. Sunday night, he announced he was entering to an alcohol rehabilitation clinic.

Beck-Heyman is a graduate student in clinical psychology at George Washington University and told the Post he was Republican but now works with the Democrats.

“Mark Foley knew that he could get away with this type of behavior with male pages because he was a congressman,” said Beck-Heyman. “But many people on Capitol Hill,” including many Republican staff members, “have known for over 11 years about what was going on and chose to do nothing.”

Quote (Diogenes @ Oct. 04 2006,22:57)
still unsure about the supposed difference between Republicans and Democrats

That's easy O' Green-one. There IS no difference other than there d@#n party card. I think I'm gonna run as an independent. I'll call it "The Other Choices SUCK ARSE Party" or summat...

D
Tammy Lee for Congress!

File this under “twisted” - a radical conservative Christian organization’s comment on Foley:

<!–QuoteBegin>

If his claim that he was the victim of sexual molestation by a clergyman is true, it only further proves that known homosexuals should not be admitted to the priesthood. Foley’s actions were that of homosexual predator, not a pedophile. Homosexuals reproduce sexually by molesting children. This creates a cycle of violence and disordered behavior that creates future generations of abusers and predators.

That’s from Jason Jones, the Director of Public Relations at human Life International, a Catholic pro-life/anti-choice organization:
http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/973281157.html

This may be the result of not teaching sex ed, I guess. See, Mr. Jones, it’s about the birds and the bees…