Some stuff for sale if anyone is interested.

dbx 386 - $250 This two channel preamp works great. It has some rack rash on the bottom of it (it was there when I baught it). TThe 386 has good converters and is great for adding a couple extra channels via s/pdif.

Rode Nt1000 - $210 This is in great condition, It has been used very little.

Shure 330 - $350 This mic is in very good condition for its age. I have the original pouch, the original cord and addapter, and stand. Most you see on ebay are missing some of the “package.” I have used this just recently for vocals, guitar etc. So it is definitly working (and sounded good), but I cannot gaurantee the ribbon is in perfect condition because of its age, but it has been treated well and seems to be fine.

All these items are used in my smoke free studio, and the only reason I am selling is because I need funds to buy some different mics, and this gear was redundant in light of what I already have.

you can email me at greggray@nb.sympatico.ca

Where are you sola?

I’m in New Brunswick Canada (Just by the US border with the state of Maine).

Hi Solafide:
That Shure 330 is a great mic. I didn’t know you had one, but I’m surprised your letting it go. I have the Shure storage bag for the one I have, as well… It’s a beautiful mic for acoustic guitars…

I think I paid about $150.00, 1960 dollars for it… I recently got a Shure product catalogue showing their mics. Sorry enough though, they make no reference to a lot of their classic vintage mics. They show some, but the ones they show in the catalogue are not the ones I would consider to be, in that “Camp”…

If I wasn’t spending most of my loonies on heating fuel, right now, I would be interested in that mic…

Look around your locker… I’m sure you can find something else in there to part with…

Bill…

Well, I’m getting my fw16/12 this week, and the dbx 386 sounds liek a nice addition, but the funds are gonna be short for a while…

Bill, the manuals for the 330 are available here:

http://www.shure.com/datasheets/guides-discontinued.html

There are two up there one from 1957 and one from 1981. Did the design change? Anyway, I sure (oops, sorry about the pun) wish I could afford that, I bet is sounds very smooth on guitars. :)

If no one here wants it, you might try the tape op buy/sell page - I am certain you’d find a taker there…

Well, I'm getting my fw16/12 this week, and the dbx 386 sounds liek a nice addition, but the funds are gonna be short for a while...

Hi Willy. If you are really interested we could probably work things out. I'm trying to reshuffle some of my gear for a project in march, so I'm not in a big rush.

Hi Solafide:
That Shure 330 is a great mic. I didn't know you had one, but I'm surprised your letting it go. I have the Shure storage bag for the one I have, as well.. It's a beautiful mic for acoustic guitars..

Bill,

To be honest I was "arguing" with myself while I was adding this to the list - and I'm still not sure I would sell it if somone wanted it. I find it to be a "life saver mic" at times. when nothing else works this is usually what I reach for. Ladies with shrill vocals, violin, etc. And as you mentioned it does something really nice for guitar, especially in a ballad type song. It can really tame the highs on my Marten dx1.

Right now I don't have any high quality multipurpose mics like a 414 or at4050, and so I am trying to get the money together to move in that direction. Where I worked before I had access to a pair of 414s that I made use of quite often, and I guess I got a little attached!

It might be better to save a little longer, I guess I'll wait and see.

Oh and one other pluss for the 330 is how amazing it looks. I I'm convinced people get more into their performance with it because they feel important just standing in front of it!!

If no one here wants it, you might try the tape op buy/sell page - I am certain you'd find a taker there...

Thanks for the info Tom. I did put it up there and I have got some response.

Hi Again:
I’m knaw’in at the bit to get a project going to try out those HM-1 mics I got just before Christmas.

I think that what I’ll hear is, The overall reproduction of them will be favouring the “Dark” side of the spectrum…

I think my best description of the Shure 330 mic and Ribbon Mics, for that matter, Shines on the “Dark Side”. Mabey, that’s good to have tracks useing mics with those properties to fill out tracks in your project…

I’m in the process of creating a page with my demos and all… I want to include a space showing photos of the mics I have in my drawer, and all…

Here’s a link to the page, as it’s work in progress, it’s changing on a daily basis, almost… Well…

http://www.angelfire.com/oz/woxnerw/

One day, I’ll have a page with no Ad Banners…

Bill…

The shure 330 is on Ebay, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws…MESE:IT

For the 386 I would accept $240 including shipping to the US, and $230 to Canada.

Here is a review of the dbx 386:

http://www.proaudioreview.com/par/october00/dbx-Web.shtml
For the Nt1000 I would accept $185 including shipping to the US, and $180 to Canada.

Here is a review of the NT1000

http://www.prorec.com/prorec…05425AB

The prices listed are firm and these items will be going on Ebay tomorow if there is no interest.

Thanks for looking!

Woxnerw, I like your web site - its looking good.

I’m really starting to like those hm1’s buy the way. Not for vocals, but for instruments especially bluegrass stuff, they are quite impressive for the price!

Hi Solafide:
You shouldn’t have any trouble selling that stuff on E-Bay… I’d like to have that DBX-386, but I’m putting all my extra money into the heating fuel tank, right now… ??? … Hey, spring is just around the corner, I hope…

I hope this will give me a little incentive to get busy and buy some Real Space to do up a Web Page. The guy who is constructing the page is a keyboard player. We worked together on a stage some years ago… We lost one our Co-Front men on that stage to cancer… It killed the band.

I’m gonna put that LandB Waltz back on the To-Do list… Get a real drummer to track the tubs… and get Leonard’s son to do the Steel Track… if he is interested… And then re-arrainge the song for some fiddle and guitar lines… Well…

Bill…