Someone on soundclick asked me to do a vocal

so i did…

I was gonna keep this quiet but to be honest, I missed the forum and felt it was a justifiable excuse for a post.

Someone on soundclick asked me to do a vocal for them, so i did…

Close your eyes

Ange x

I’ve been watching - wondered when you were going to mention it. You did great.

:laugh: I hope if we ever do a collaboration that you don't end up calling me "someone". You silly person!

Vocals sound great!
Is that your melody or are you doing someone else's
melody's?
Who ever they might be lol
Very nice!
Really very very nice sounding even on my laptop!
Thx for sharing. Teasing!

His name is John Holgate.
He wrote and produced the song, he just asked me to do the vocals for him, it was a fun little project and an ego boost being asked to do it that I was much in need of.

Ange x

Sounds great! I’ll check him out when I get done fighting my neighbor :laugh:

wow, ange, that does sound great! he’s got good taste in guest vocalists, that’s fer true!

i love 6/8 time because of the great natural flow, but the instrument tracks on this song seem to stifle that rhythm a little. i think. probably just me. maybe it’s that programmed drum track that’s buggin’ me.

Ange…sorry I think I forgot to comment on this in my emails.

I also saw this earlier and had a listen.

You MAKE the song Ange.
Not your usual style, and perhaps you felt a little uncomfortable with that…( I did a collab, but only the backing vox… ) but this just shows your style and talent.

You shine through!
Great things are ahead.

Well done, and be proud!

Craig

Would that John Holgate be from Calgary, Alberta by any chance?

PACO

Hi Ange,

You did a seriously good job on that. Mr Holgate must be pleased with it. Craigs right, it’s not your usual style, but you handled this kind of vocal brilliantly.
Very nice song, I also like the timing,
Congrats,
Ian :agree: :agree: :agree:

Oh HOLD ON! I LOVE THIS. I immediately want to sing with it. And I can’t lie…when I saw that my old pal BRUFFIE was still in here…! I HAD to holla! BRUFFIE!!! Whassup my MAN! Remember me?

Quote: (mfl @ Feb. 21 2009, 8:24 PM)

Oh HOLD ON! I LOVE THIS. I immediately want to sing with it. And I can't lie....when I saw that my old pal BRUFFIE was still in here...! I HAD to holla! BRUFFIE!!! Whassup my MAN! Remember me?

I sure do!

Where you been girl? You know the ladies are badly outnumbered here :)
How's the career? Hope you're doing well. Good to hear from you again.

Nice job Ange! :agree:

Awww, thanks guys…can I do no wrong?! … hang on, no, don’t answer that.

I’m chuffed, I’ve finally stopped feeling sorry for myself and got my butt back in to gear and have written two songs this week, I’m hoping to start recording them next week :;):

Ange x

i must say, i’ve been listening to this track today (it’s on my soundclick station, of course) and it’s just nailing me. totally growing on me. i’m hooked. it’s well written, but it’s your vocals that give the song its beauty, and i can prove it because the writer has his original version up for comparison. :)