Something Rotten

Here it is on my laptop,

and with N running

Well, it looks cool.

Nice of you all to try it.

On my machine, when the GUI of DR005 shows up, nTrack goes dead. It didn’t before. Got build 2461, downloading the older 6.02 now. But v4 also responds negatively to DR005, so I’m not hopeful.

I’m gonna try completely uninstalling antivirus next. Its a brand called Vipre, and something I
´ve added along the way. Just disabling it did not help earlier. I’ve heard about anti-virus in general messing up other pieces of software before.

But its late at night here now, so that
´s for another day.

Bye now.
I:-T

Quote: (Iwont Tell @ Mar. 15 2009, 4:50 PM)

Nice of you all to try it.

On my machine, when the GUI of DR005 shows up, nTrack goes dead. It didn't before. Got build 2461, downloading the older 6.02 now. But v4 also responds negatively to DR005, so I'm not hopeful.

I'm gonna try completely uninstalling antivirus next. Its a brand called Vipre, and something I
´ve added along the way. Just disabling it did not help earlier. I've heard about anti-virus in general messing up other pieces of software before.

Those things did not help.
Neither did swapping graphics cards. I also tried removing all USB-connected gear, no dice. Resetting the BIOS did not help. Or fiddling with the motherboards jumpers. Or disabling this and that via the device manager. Or a few other things.

As I got the competititon up and running now, I'd be pretty much done with n, too, if it weren't for those unfinsished songs. Not happy.
Guess I'm gonna have to rebuild the computer once again, with a different mother board. Not happy.

I:-T

P.S. I know you are supposed to choose the hardware according to the software you
´re going to use. And this looks like a hardware incompability. Yeah, yeah. I
´m still nor happy.

Update:
Seems like it was not the USB-thingy after all. It might have contributed,(at least to my confusion) but here is where I’m at now:
Everything was working fine as long I was only using unregistered versions of nTrack. I’ve got the codes for v6 as an upgrade to v4. So I assumed I’d have to have an registered copy of v4 installed to be able to register v6. Silly me :frowning:

Installing and registering just v6 got things working, more or less. I also removed the second HD with an old copy of windows on it, but I don’t think that mattered, as I have reconnected it now with seemingly no effect.

So the DR005 softdrums are working now, what a relief. But I still have an old song or two that kills nTrack dead. Go figure.

BTW, after the third or so re-install of XP and the service packs and all the drivers and nTrack and the drumplugin, I turned to Clonezilla. It works.

I.T