Sometimes I am embarassed...........

What is a “Tweaker?”

???

Quote (John @ June 13 2005,16:03)
I had to give up cock-fighting when I injured one of my testicles.

Went for the obvious joke... well done.....

As for why people do it..... I have said it once, I will say it 1000 times until I am blue in the face. People give the human race way more credit than it deserves.Some one read in His image and took it to meant, heck, I am within spitting distance of being God. Err, nooooooo. I know some of you fellers believe in a creator and divine intervention, but the more I see how truely barbaric and animal like folks can be, the more I realize how much of an animal were are. We have intelligence and like to attribute all sorts of arrogant skills as being unique to us, but we share more with the animals than we have different. My secular 2 cents. Seriously, we are not that far removed. Were it no for out neocortical functions keeping the rest of our brain in check, we would be out of control.

Right. Be embarassed to be human not because you are from the south.

I’m embarrased to be from the sounth only because we sound so dang stupid when we talk.

I can’t be embarassed to be human. I don’t have a choice! :)

I likes the way we talk mmm-hmmm… Sorry, channeling Billy Bob Thornton there for a sec…

Humans are pretty rotten overall though… You got me there.

TG

Speakin’ of the south guys…I’m movin’ down ther myself!
Georgia, Warm Springs area…that is. Not that anyone cares! :laugh:
Hey TG, where did you say your church is? You might just see me pop in! To say PRAISE BE!

jerm

<!–QuoteBegin>

welcome, ya’ll!.. howzyamamaandthem?

isaac
Quote (Bubbagump @ June 14 2005,16:27)
Some one read in His image and took it to meant, heck, I am within spitting distance of being God.

Some would argue that the "created in his image" part refers to our ability to make free choices. We can choose to be like animals, or we can choose to come to terms with our powerful base instincts and try to civilized. (my $.02)
:cool:

<!–QuoteBegin>

Some would argue that the “created in his image” part refers to our ability to make free choices.

I thought the “image” thing was to do with our shared ability to design inadequate arks, and our total inability to build them, (hence the need of a good Jewish subcontractor).

“Hey Shem, that aardvark come back to report land yet?”

“Nah Noah, still no sign, but are you sure He said do it in alphabetical order?”

"Don’t you bad-mouth me boy, how long do you think you can tread water! Anyway:…Aleph, Beth, Gimel…OK Shem, forget the Dove, he’s a gentile anyway; it’s the Bactrian camel next; then you’d better try explaining to that stupid Giraffe one more time what a surfboard is!"

:D

Ali
Quote (jeremysdemo @ June 14 2005,18:01)
Speakin' of the south guys...I'm movin' down ther myself!
Georgia, Warm Springs area...that is. Not that anyone cares! :laugh:
Hey TG, where did you say your church is? You might just see me pop in! To say PRAISE BE!

jerm

I'm in the Northeast Alabama area Jerm. About 40 miles east of Huntsville on US72. Come on over!

Isaac, the proper spelling would be :howzyamamanem - we would never say "and them" so distinctly around these parts.

TG

Quote (jeremysdemo @ June 14 2005,18:01)
Georgia, Warm Springs area…that is. Not that anyone cares! :laugh:

jerm

Isn’t Warm Springs where FDR used to hang out??
Quote (phoo @ June 14 2005,17:00)
I'm embarrased to be from the sounth only because we sound so dang stupid when we talk.

:D It could be worse! You could talk through your nose. And at least down here you can have a jesus in the half shell out on the front lawn :D

<!–QuoteBegin>

Isaac, the proper spelling would be :howzyamamanem - we would never say “and them” so distinctly around these parts.

downyonderindapawpawpatch

during my early days in college, i learned to rid of my accent when needed… first it was for djing, now people are convinced i’m from south dakota… :)

isaac

DANGSKIPPYFLIPPY! :p

Noe phoo, why say a thing like that about southerners? Hang on there’s dog in the front yard…

Gitonouttaere! :D

IDUNNOMAYBEDEFAKTICANTUNNERSTANDCLOZRELTIVSIZNUFFREZONRILLY

(translation: I don’t know. Maybe the fact that I can’t understand close relatives is enough reason. Really.)

:)

When I say really I mean really. My family talks through their teeth like Billy Ray Cyrus. Their lips move but they grit their teeth together the whole time. Words be come one jumbled mess of mispronunciations. In the case of my family it’s Eastern NC. There is a strong British (almost Australian) component to the accent in a few words, especially words with O. There is also the tendency to place accents on the wrong syllables as compared to accept pronunciations in a few words. My father said KINnal instead of caNAL, while words like river became Rear, loosing most of the actual word.

OH…It’s SO easy to make fun of folks from there (of which I am one). :)

Quote (John @ June 14 2005,19:35)
Some would argue that the "created in his image" part refers to our ability to make free choices. We can choose to be like animals, or we can choose to come to terms with our powerful base instincts and try to civilized. (my $.02)
:cool:

That's what one would hope, however we humans can certainly be an arrogant lot.
Quote (gtr4him @ June 15 2005,15:46)
I'm in the Northeast Alabama area Jerm. About 40 miles east of Huntsville on US72. Come on over!

Does this church have a name? Or is it the only church on US72?

Still, a name would help narrow it down if not. :D
Something like...baptist, methodist..lutheran...evangelical..... ???

You have a PM Jeremy!

TG