Songs for Poppa

Quote: (dannyraymilligan @ Jan. 01 2011, 10:02 PM)

I do everything in stereo, Mark, I have from the beginning. Can't honestly see the purpose to doing it in mono...

90% of my tracks are mono. The stereo comes from the mix. Waste of disk and CPU any other way, and makes mixing harder.

You’d think I was busy… I have every track I ever did on a computer-and-hard drive… When the drive gets full I just install another drive… I never direct tracks and projects to a drive that has an Operating System installed on it… I put a sticker on the drive somewhere and add it to the pile…

If I looked real hard, I got about 40 hard drives somewhere around this place… :) :p :laugh: For what ??? I don’t know… :laugh:

Bill…

Quote: (Mark A @ Dec. 31 2010, 3:54 PM)

Quote: (woxnerw @ Jan. 01 2011, 1:23 AM)

Two Steppin My Way to the end of 2010

Happy New Year..
Everyone..

Bill..

Do you know this guy Bill?
It's very good.

And Happy New Year to you too.
It's already 2011 here.
Has been for 9 hours, and I can report that today looks pretty much the same as yesterday so it's safe to make the jump over
:)

Hi MarkA:

You have to like the music.. But, that guy has a nice touch to his instrument..
He makes all his own tracks, as much as I know..
He's got quite a following in-and-around that genre..
he's so far removed from the American South-east..
Not that it a negative to styles of music..
I'm not sure of where he's from..
I think he's from the area south-east of London..

He has a nice take on the song Highway 40 Blues..
He does a Guitar Duo on the song..

I stepped over the Line..
It's 7am here now..
The only thing that I find different is, we are basking in 4c degree weather here..
and the forecast is for sunny sky's and the grass is still green..

Bill..
Quote: (dannyraymilligan @ Dec. 31 2010, 7:46 PM)

How can you edit a mixed-down file, Tony? There's no way to go back in the file, take the bass out and move it or redo it, is there?

Sorry, Danny, Mark. I wasn't really saying theat it's possible, or even practicable to rescue a mix with s/w. More that, editing skills come in handy, at every level - all the way from tracking, through to production.
Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 02 2011, 12:49 PM)

How can you edit a mixed-down file, Tony? There's no way to go back in the file, take the bass out and move it or redo it, is there?

Sorry, Danny, Mark. I wasn't really saying theat it's possible, or even practicable to rescue a mix with s/w. More that, editing skills come in handy, at every level - all the way from tracking, through to production.

It's all cool Tony, I realised that's not what you were suggesting.

I've revisted old mixes many times over the years so I keep everything - including a copy of the song project every time I do a mix. I find that really handy for those times when I stick "mix009" in the car cd player and think - "what was I doing? - the last mix was better". So back to mix008 it is.
Quote: (Mark A @ Jan. 01 2011, 6:14 PM)

Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 02 2011, 12:49 PM)

It's all cool Tony, I realised that's not what you were suggesting.

I've revisted old mixes many times over the years so I keep everything - including a copy of the song project every time I do a mix. I find that really handy for those times when I stick "mix009" in the car cd player and think - "what was I doing? - the last mix was better".
So back to mix008 it is.

Aye, Mark. All these noughts and ones need caring for;-)

Of course, I save everything b/c I know someday scholars and musicologists are going to want to go over my oeuvre with a fine-tooth comb, just like they do that of The Beatles.

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 02 2011, 2:18 PM)

Of course, I save everything b/c I know someday scholars and musicologists are going to want to go over my oeuvre with a fine-tooth comb, just like they do that of The Beatles.

Yes, but UJ and I want to get our hands on your tracks NOW! :-)
:laugh: