songs made w/ntrack

twimc:
Please listen to a song (or2) and lemme know your thoughts. I’ve hope I’ve learned a thing or 2 by visiting here.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=312004 :)

Ty - I just listened to all of your songs, and to ‘Hesitate’ (several times), and this is all really good stuff. Songs and vocals are radio-ready. But Hesitate really shows off your song writing chops the most. You are an excellent song writer and arranger. I REALLY like the guitar work on this song. This is highly creative, and it has a really fresh sound. You’re going to make some money with music if you keep this up. Heck, I’m ready to buy.

And what a great line in the next song:
"Attention deficit disorder,
is symptomatic of the new world order"

Isn’t it so?

T

T:
Thank you for your review and encouragement, this forum and members like yourself have taught me a lot. I did market and sell an ep of those songs through cd baby and was pretty thrilled when the entire inventory(all 4 copies) sold out! I was basically testing the waters to see if I could do it and I am working on what I hope will be a complete album of songs.

Obie, that is great stuff. One question - the acoustic on “Hesitate” - piezo pickup? It sort of sounds like one, and while your playing is fabulous, a warmer more natural tone would suit my ears more - Like on “gonna need this.” (Bet you are going to tell me you recorded them using exactly the same setup). But this stuff is great, great songs, great arrangements, and great singing.

Hey TomS:
Muchos thanx for listening, glad u like the songs. The acoustic guitar on “Hesitate” is an acoustic electric that has it’s own little pre-amp and 4 band eq. I was wanting a really clean and thin sound just to mix it up a little. On the other song(s) I used nice little acoustic that I picked up at the Salvation army store for $20.00! I’ve been putting a lapel mic (radio shack) inside of it and a condenser mic near the sound hole and sending both signals to seperate channels at the board. I could go on and on but I’ll just say thanx again.
Obie

No, go on. I like to hear about that stuff. Those are good, unusual experiments. I have to say, I like the sound of the 20 dollar guitar better. I really don’t like piezo pickups. Back when ovations were all the rage, it made me feel like nails on a chalkboard - aargh… :)

I guess the sound of those ovation guitars are an aquired taste. I think in the right type of song or mix it can work. I was told by a drummer friend that if you isolate a snare drum track or sample, and play it thru a small (raw) speaker placed on top of an actual snare drum and record it, you can get a great sound. I’m gonna take a whole day when I get time and just fool around with ideas like that.
(chi-town)Obie
(Go Bears!)

The speaker on a snare thing is a kind of common trick when the recorded snare is wimpy. I’ve read of cases in which they used the original, a speaker/snare track, and a triggered sample, all together, to get the sound they wanted. That’s a little overboard for me.

That was on a Fine Young Cannibals song, IIRC. :)

Nice singing, songwriting, playing, production. Great work! I really enjoyed listening.

You know, I really like hearing stories about acheiving good sounds using equipment that doesn’t cost your life savings.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks! glad you listened. I’ll be posting a new song here soon,I’m about one tweak away from getting it the way I want it to sound. I’ve also been thinking about recording to tape first then converting that to digital. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas about that lemme know.
Obie

Thanks! glad you listened. I’ll be posting a new song here soon,I’m about one tweak away from getting it the way I want it to sound. I’ve also been thinking about recording to tape first then converting that to digital. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas about that lemme know.
Obie :)

Doh! double post!