sounfont size limit

thanks for your trouble sevenOfeleven

glad my problem helped you out, i agree its a great little program - if i could get it working a bit better i would be v happy

i have 1gig of memory on its way so we’ll see if that helps

the error messge reads exactly as follows

: Can’t load file:

followed by the file’s path - G:…etc

that doesn’t look like a windows message to me so i’m guessing either take1 or n-track is sending it

cheers

tom

psm i will try running take1 as a stand alone and see what happens

phoo - yes those sites feature both soundfont players i mentioned ie font! and take1

well i can load soundfonts larger than one meg into take1 running stand alone, although the latency is awful, havent messed with the settings yet - but i would prefer to run it through n-track because i’m using n as my midi recorder/player

cheers

ok, so now even with default settings take1 running stand alone will not load fonts over 1meg, same error message as before

i’m confused

tom

Quote:

Multilayer soundfonts are currently not supported)

from the website.

Maybe you are trying to load a multilayer soundfont.

Multilayer soundfonts can get quite large. (80 megs for piano)

I’ve been using pretty big sound fonts in V5 without a problem (not a loading problem anyway).

N seems to skip a couple particular notes in one song and I’ve seen conflict when freezing those tracks (none of these issues has been a big deal) but the sound fonts have always loaded.

Cheers !

just downloaded the latest build (2394) and everything seems good - fonts all loading and latency down too :agree:

can’t find an emoticon for 'fingers crossed’

happy out

tom