SPL Attacker for free

I wonder have you noticed this one already. The authorising is a bit of a PITA, but basically what you get is a free, simple version of transien designer.

http://www.soundperformancelab.com/index.php?id=331&L=1

Hi Gents:

I have it Up-and-running…
Interesting…

There seems to be three bands that are not lit up… (checking again)
The 90 hz. 4.7 khz. and the 10 khz band…
Don’t know why…
However, it appears to be O.K.

Can I say…
????

It this plug another form of a Graphic E.Q. plug ?

This is at first glance

Someone fill-in the missing links for me…

Bill…

Pardon, what three bands… are we talking about same piece of plugin? I have just this more kind of knob and output level control.

The attacker emphasises the attack of a sound, so it’s like a volume-eq that attacks just the beginning of the signal and leaves the rest unaltered. Like the snap of a guitar pick.

Hi varakeef:
Thank you for the reply… I was hoping you’d reply and explain what it’s designed to do…

I’ve only loaded the plug on a mixed two-track… and not not spending any great amount of time on a single track, to listen at it’s behaviour…

Bill…

Sorry varakeef:
It’s the plug that’s way down at the bottom of the page that I was refering to… It’s called the Free Ranger… or something… I’m way off the beaten path… Like always…

Bill…

p.s. Let me look at that SPL Attacker…

I’ve just tried in on a guitar solo track. I think it’s more suitable on such solo material that has a pronounced attack where to grab on. Like bass drum, snare, bass, funky guitars… mixed two track stuff may not be the optimal target.

Hard to describe it… like a compressor that doesn’t compress but brings out the slap in the face factor. Like tonic water on lemonade… :cool:

I hear you… loud-and-clear… Great description…

I’m thinking it would be great on mixing bass and kick tracks… OR helps to keep the bass and kick tracks in their own little world… so they don’t overshadow the vox tracks…

Many singers delay some of the start of their phrasings so they don’t lay on the bass and kick lines… Well… some flavors of songs…

Bill…

Got it installed…
I believe how it sounds…
It controls the initial attack of the beginning of the note…
e.g.
A bass note is percussive…
the percussion of the bass note can be “Edge’d” in
or “Smooth’d” out
same as the Kick EDGE…

Am I describing this idea correctly.????

Bill…