Stereo Image

Test Project

Hi n-Trackers:
It’s not very often that I have tracks to post… Especially when I have no stable DAWs to work with sense mid-summer.

However, I’ve been busy working with the DAWs that I have, installing Operating Systems and Software and new plugs and working with the latest Versions and Builds of n-Track, with hopes that I can obtain Stability and Repeatability with the Hardware and software I have, before I jump Head-Long, into a new project…

So, to stay in mental condition I have been working on a Mixing Project that includes the latest builds of n-Track and this plug-in…

http://www.kellyindustries.com/stereo_tools.html

As well, there are several more plugs that I am fastenated with and I’ll be working with them as soon as I get a new project going…

Anyway, if you are interested in what has been occupying my time over these past few months, while I prepare the DAWs and studio for more tracking, you’ll find this mixing project that I’ve been working on… You’ll find an n-Track .sng file and the tracks, along with the two processed tracks that has the Kelly Industries Stereo Tools plug, that I’ve posted …

These tracks will give you an idea of the Image Processing that has attracted my attention for some time, now… It’s the technical aspect of these tracks… not the content of the tracks…

The tracks are compressed in .OGG extension… They need to be decompressed to .wav extension for repro in n-Track…

I’m looking for comments and replies to this post…

Bill…

Hi Bill,

Did you miss a link from your post or am I missing something?

Mark

Hi Mark:
I sure did… I must’a had a moment… or something. I was positive I had it in the post when I previewed it… before I posted, it… anyway, I’ll make sure, this post… Sorry, I’m doing too many things at-a-time. Like walking… and… chewing gum… :O ??? :laugh:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/woxnerw…oject_1

It’s a back-and-push song… All the southerners know that kind of stuff.

If my head were attached to my shoulders… I’d feel so much better… Well… mabey :p

Bill…

Hey Bill,

That sounds great. How about sharing a little of the process you went through to get to this. I’m sure there’s something we could all learn.

Are those real drums?

Mark

Hi Mark:
I never did any tracks for this project. I expect that the Drums were live and then replaced with Samples… Something like Drumagog… is able to do…

http://www.drumagog.com/

As soon as I can find enough Loonies That’s where they are going. I talked with the guy who built the program… He’s a pretty nice/knowledgable kind of guy… The version I’m looking to get is, the PRO version. It’s 269.00 usd… Most of the guys that I’m partial to, uses this, in their Editing Suites. I don’t want to copy them, but If you haven’t got 10 G’s worth of mics and a room to track your tubs, you use this setup. You have a real drummer play his kit and then ya substitute the drummer’s HITS from the tracks… with samples. The project I posted was to show the SPACE that can be created by that Plug. The “Space-and-Position” of individual tracks in a mix is where I’ll be heading with a New Project… I gotta get the Tracking going first…

If you’ve converted those .OGG files and “Opened” n-Track with the .sng file, then you’ve arrived at the place I am with the Project. … By “Solo’ing, Mute’ing, and setting the Flavour” by the faders, those tracks can make any “Space” you like… With-in Reason… Well… I don’t have the individual tracks of that project, to play with. That’s as much and as far as I can play with that project…

So, it’s in a “Mastering Context” that these tracks are being played in.

I’m gonna check for the original .sng file for this set-up. If I find it, I’ll post that file… What it’ll do is show the tracks with the plugs, before they were rendered. That’ll allow a “Hands-on” of the plug-in… on the tracks…

Today, I’ve been working on installing an XP operating system on this P-111 800mhz computer… A second dual-boot DAW, for the studio. It’s gotta stop soon, Mark… My HEAD… :O ???

It’s something like 4 Computer’s built into two frames, and all networked…

Bill…

Thanks for the explanation Bill.

I’ll be interested to know how you get on with Drumagog. I did a similar thing a couple of weeks ago with my son’s kit, some noise gates and KT drum trigger. We only had 4 mics on the kit so I could only really trigger snare and kick. Had reasonable results. Might be something worth playing with while you save “loonies”.

Mark

Hi Mark:
Again… I have to beat it off to work. But I’ll get back here today and expand on some of the ideas, I have going on all this stuff… But I think there is no “Magic” in this. Software-is-Software… I think ya gotta have pretty Pristene Tracks for this to work like it should work… That don’t quite describe just what I’d like to say… But…

Bill…

<!–QuoteBegin>

Again… I have to beat it off to work. But I’ll get back here today and expand on some of the ideas, I have going on all this stuff… But I think there is no “Magic” in this. Software-is-Software… I think ya gotta have pretty Pristene Tracks for this to work like it should work… That don’t quite describe just what I’d like to say… But…

Gotta earn those dollars. Just a shame it gets in the way of playing with the toys.

Hi Mark:
I found just one .sng file, so far, in my search, that has the plug, on the track, on the time-line. When I got to the point of posting it, I couldn’t repeat the opening of the track with the plug… I know the plug is in the VST folder…

I think I need to go into the studio and search the drives in there and see if I can repeat the opening of the .sng file. I Started the project there, so I’m sure I will be able to repeat the “Opening” of the track on a time line there… I hope… ??? Could it be? This might very well elude to an issue of opening files/projects that were started in earlier versions of n-Track… Well. what do I know. Could it be a “Bug”… ?

I was nine hours downloading a 113 meg. file last night. On this dial-up. I gotta rise above all of this… :( to find out, I couldn’t use it.

Bill…

[EDIT]
It’s after 11am here, now… I waisted the morning on other things, not as important… I will look for more .sng files and post them when I do…

Hi Mark:
As an update to my last post on this thread, I went looking for more .sng files for this project… I found a few more, that’ll I post for this project, for anyone interested…

The important issue that has surfaced for my setup is…

I believe I have discovered something that may be causeing the .sng files to “NOT RECOGNIZE” the paths in my “Network” Setup, for finding tracks to import to the n-Track Time-Line…

I’ll start a new thread on this issue I have with my setup, here… on the n-Track Studio Discussin Fourm for this, and anyone interested in replying to this issue, I have…

In the meantime, I’ll try to post the .sng files I’ve found on this project… I don’t think it’ll help much in getting my installation of n-Track to import .wav files into any time-lines that I have here, on my network, though.

I could only find “one” .sng file that hed the plug installed as an Effect when the files is imported to the Time-Line. It would be interesting to see if you can open that track on your setup, from that .sng file… Remembering, that you need to install the Kelly Industries VST Stereo Tools plug-in into your VST plug directory… And then to see if the Plug works as it was /is, on your set-up…

Bill…

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the update. I do have that plug I think, and I’d be glad to have a listen.

As for the Network path/sng file issue - I’ll see you in that thread!

Mark

Hi Mark:
Thanks for the intrest you have in this P-111 Boot-Up, issue I have… I find I am unable to get anyone in town here to diagnose just what could be wrong with this machine, when I boot-it-up…

Everyone that has seen this machine is saying (in retrospect) why do I have a set-up like this… anyway? But they are saying that this machine has little or no issues, when they see how it runs…

The only thing that remains to replace, on this machine, as far as hardware is concerned, is, the hard drives… And I know that’ll require another reactivation of the XP Desk… AGAIN… ??? ??? :O :O

WELL… ( I’m Shaking My Head… ??? ) over all this…

Bill…

The only other .sng file that I could find on this project that has any importance has just been posted on the page…

It should be the first .sng file on the list…

It was done in August… I’ll check to see if that date appears on the file… It should. It was a very early .sng file as the project just got started. It should open one of the files that is posted… I hope.

I just had another computer browser failure… So the Microsoft error reports are still being sent off to Microsoft. on this machine.

If it’s not hardware related… it’s software related… or both…

Bill…

Hi Bill,

Didn’t get time to look at this this w/e. Busy week coming up but maybe I’ll find a few moments.

Mark

Hi Mark:
I got a chance to look at some of these issues this afternoon… I think I have discovered why this computer was/is not “Saving/Save As” this file/song on this computer… I wrote a new folder and imported the files into the folder, and created a new .sng file… But, as all of this is happening, it is not writing any new .npk files. Could this be why the song is not being saved in the new/re-written file/folder?

Is there something I need to config. for .npk files to be written?

Bill…

P.S.
I’m gonna re-post a set of .sng files for the song, again…

Bill,

Great plugin…just downloaded…Mid/Side effects…thanks man.
Dan
starwood

Hi starwood:
I’m taken up by this plug… (The Stereo Tools, one)… I see this plug as some sort of a “Phase” compromise… When mixed back with the original track…

http://www.kellyindustries.com/stereo_tools.html

I’ve been working away, trying to get these DAW’s set-up and running as well as setting up Dual Boot Operating Systems and getting “Stablility-and-Repeatability” happening, before I take the plunge and begin a new project. It’s getting closer, but I’d like to see the issues I have, inoned out so my creativity doesn’t become compromised in the middle of Tracking.

Anyway, this plug has Grabbed my Attention… Big-Time… I’m hopeing to use the plug by Dupp’ing Two Tracks and then mixing the Dupe’d Tracks, That has a “Stereo Tools” plug on each of the Dupe’d tracks… Then, along with the original … Mixed together to recreate a composite stereo track… Then, mix the rendered track into the Project Mix of the End Product…

I can hear it working in the Two-Track mix of the Drum Tracks… And Mabey a “Splash” of it with the vocal Tracks and… Well… I think, by useing the plug in this way, the “End Mix”, of the Tracks, may get some “Breathing Space”…

Who knows… :O ??? It might never work… but, I think it has some possibilities…

Bill…

Hi All:
I’ve posted two updates to this project… the .sng files are (2) and (3) they will open in a “Default” condition… That’s if they work as I have posted them… The Master Fader will be in MONO and the Group Strip will be in the SOLO Position… If you push PLAY, in the default position You should hear Nothing… But by Opening the master strip to stereo and closing the SOLO button in the group fader you should hear the mix and then play with the track faders and the Effects, as you will…

This latest up-date was done on the Studio P-111 800 khz. EDITING/Tracking DAW useing n-Track v4.1 build 1980… Ya gotta have the Kelly Industries Stereo Tools VST plug installed in your VST Plug-in folder, to operate…

I’m learning how to Import and Cross Operate in n-Track between different Versions/Builds of n-Track and on different DAWs that are on the Studio/Home Network, that I have here in the set-up, I have…

I am working on the DAW issues as I can… with improvment… as-it-goes… If you can… I’d like someone to the .sng behaviours… to see if you can repeate the operation of the Project… in your inviorment…

Thanks for your efforts…

Bill…

Hi Bill, still not had time to have a look at this…

As for your question about npk files, IIRC the only setting in n-Track relates to generating the peak files while recording.

Are you sure n-Track has permission to write to the folder?

Mark