Stereo to mono plugin

Guitar69’s question…

On behalf of Guitar69:

<!–QuoteBegin>

speaking of feature requests… Anyone know a free plugin that will take a stereo track and make it mono? I have some “sidechain” compressor plugins that you load up a stereo track, input on the left and affected channel on the right. Problem is that since it’s stereo, it comes out with only the affected channel on the right side… not the center like I desire…

you say you are using “sidechain” compressors, in my understanding (based on using physical rack mount units) is that when a plugin has a sidechain it is a seperate input whereby that plugin (compression) is affected by an outside source - ie a plugin that accepts a plugin - without anything plugged into the plugin then it is just a standard compressor -

if you need to convert a track to MONO then N will save any track as a mono wave file - you just replace the stereo track with the newly recorded mono version -

Dr J

On behalf of me (from the original thread)

<!–QuoteBegin>

<!–QuoteBegin>
Quote (guitars69 @ Feb. 22 2007,03:39)
speaking of feature requests… Anyone know a free plugin that will take a stereo track and make it mono? I have some “sidechain” compressor plugins that you load up a stereo track, input on the left and affected channel on the right. Problem is that since it’s stereo, it comes out with only the affected channel on the right side… not the center like I desire…

Hi g69

Try the Stereo Tools plugin by Kelly Industries. It’s free, does the job well. Bill (Wox) put me on to it via a post here some time ago. Been using it every since.

If you go to Betabugs and download Moneo, you’ll have a plug I designed for such times. Actually I made it because I was using SimulAnalog suite, and the audio came back in the left channel and irritated the heck out of me, so Moneo treats a stereo signal as two independently pannable mono signals, there’s also a filter for playing (switchable HP/LP, HP is useful for DC blocking as needed :))

HTH
DSP

Yeah, I use Harry Potter to blcok DC all the time…

Oops. Wrong Forum. :O :laugh:

I think you can do what you want with a couple of MDA Image plug-ins in a row…or one in a Group…post track pan.

Duncan’s sounds much easier. (I got to get it.)

duncanparsons you’re my hero :D That’s exactly what I’ve been looking for lol

Dr Jackrabbit-thanks for the advice, but I’m well aware of the “workaround” Just like broadcast wave files can be “made” by mixing down each track. The point of the plugin is the immediate convenience. If I’m mixing a band, I already don’t charge much, I don’t want to spend an extra couple minutes per track on a 30 some odd track song :)

thanks fish and xonxoff I appreciate the help in posting. lol

I don’t come around here much any more unfortunately. I stay updated on the software but the forum had some pretty annoying people popping in so I quit coming around.

Plus the wife uses the desktop mostly now and for some reason my laptop doesn’t like the cookie here and it takes me forever to log in most times.