Stiff Competition...

okay, I’m a member over at Musician’s Collaboration Studios. A fella posted a Jazz/Fusion project called “Time Traveller”, and he’s auditioning lead guitar and saxophone for the piece. This is the track I sent him, my guitar over his drums, bass and keyboard. This is the first time I’ve ever done something in this particular genre before, and I’m kinda nervous about it. There are some truly talented guitarists on that site, so I am up against some STIFF competition for this one, lol!

The hard part is, I don’t know if what I submitted is even in the neighborhood of what he’s looking for. I liked it, and from the comments I’ve seen so far, several others liked it (including a few of my competitors, lol!) so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see… Wondering what I’ll do if he says he wants mine, cuz what’s he gonna chop out to make space for the saxophone???

:laugh:

Submission for Jazz Instrumental

Stiff Competition :D

Well, there’s a sax player who’s working on a track to send me. He’ll be playing along with mine, in places, so when I’m done mixing it, it will sound like we’re trading licks, back and forth. Hopefully he’s got some really cool stuff coming, and I can put it where mine is a little weak, and just play a rhythm riff behind his sax in those parts.

:)

No opinion of the song, folks? I thought the bass on this was out of the world, that guy is pretty good, don’t you think?

It’s good, but it’s not the kind of music I want to spend much time listening to. No soul. ???

Hi Danny!! Fancy meeting you here!!! :laugh:

Nice take bro!! :)

Are you an n-Track user?

r4m(Bill)
at musicianscollaboration.com

Hiya r4m, yes I am, lol. Ladies and Gents, this is some of the competition I was talking about, right ovah thar, lol! That was one heck of a submission you put in, r4m, that’s for sure. :agree:

Quote: (dannyraymilligan @ Dec. 28 2010, 2:14 PM)

Hiya r4m, yes I am, lol. Ladies and Gents, this is some of the competition I was talking about, right ovah thar, lol! That was one heck of a submission you put in, r4m, that's for sure.
:agree:

Oh yeah, I'm sure it was good. I've not heard Bill turn in a bad track yet.

Hey Bill, are you still using n-track or that hardware thing-a-ma-bobby?