Still playing with the Nintendo Korg

:smiley:

With a hat tip to JDET, and prepared for sarcasm, hereā€™s ā€œAnother Song in C for a Precious Girlā€:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=901783

:D

That unit has turned into quite a great match for your writing style. Great!

i must say, i figured out the bass line pretty quickly, especially having a heads-up on the key.

i also just played ā€˜club de washā€™, by the way, which is fun and groovy to play along with and not in C.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Mar. 09 2009, 1:55 PM)

That unit has turned into quite a great match for your writing style. Great!

Uh - that's frightening! Even calling it a "unit" is frightening! It's a toy! :D

Heh - JDET - the song's original working lyric was "another song in C for my good friend John Doe's Evil Twin." Just so you know.
Quote:

Uh - that's frightening! Even calling it a "unit" is frightening! It's a toy!

And sounds great too!

Thatā€™s pretty cool Tom.

ā€˜When the weather gets better Iā€™ll try to write another songā€™ā€¦?

Does the weather change every 5 minutes where you are then? :laugh:

Yes, Craig. two days ago itā€™s nearly 50 F, then the next day we had ice, and then this afternoon sunny, then tonight wet snow, then tomorrow warm, then the next day way below freezing. I blame the Canadians. Itā€™s Billā€™s fault. :laugh:

Pretty good 'toyā€™Tom. This is nice stuff, but I love the last part of the song, great sound.

Toy? I want one :)

Toy? Well if I could write tunes like that with a toy, then call me the boy who never grew up (uh, was that someone named Peter?)
Catchy pop tune here. love it!
Hate the drum and bass thingy! :laugh:
Hmmm, hear a little David Gilmourish guitar work in there?

I was aiming for Rochereau - his guitarist, actually - Dr Nico Kasandaā€¦

Hypnotic, in a happy kinda way. Iā€™m gonna have to try your approach to writing one of these days. Probably have to drink a couple of beers firstā€¦ :laugh: