Stingray Shuffle

Surf song

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/danielraineymusic.htm

Tell me what you think. Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

I’ve listened to it about six times now…it’s excellent. How many instruments…how many tracks? Is that a bass doing the bass line or a regular guitar? Thanks.

Nice backing, nice recording, definately “surf”! some of the guitar solo is a little weak, the harmonizing solo parts are really nice. I like the change in one of the guitar solo at points too. It helps keep it all fresh.

Nice backing, nice recording, definately “surf”! some of the guitar solo is a little weak, the harmonizing solo parts are really nice. I like the change in one of the guitar solo at points too. It helps keep it all fresh.

Del Shannons “Runnaway” meets pipeline eastcoast style…nice.

Clean guitar work.

Personally I’d like to hear more Fender, scratching for this and a more dramatic break down, sweet.

jerm

:cool:

thank you very much. could you specify what you mean by dramatic? or an example? thanks

Ok, since you asked.

First I would start with the drums. -fruity loops right? Been there bro, so I feel for ya.
They seem generally subdued in the mix. If I turn my speakers up high they are simply drowned out by the guitar.
Having quieter drums in parts can work to help with the dynamics but you have to have a balance as the song builds up.
I like the plucking you did around 3:03, makes for a nice break down. But it might be better just to eliminate the drums altogether at that point and let the guitar stand alone, you can do some low end plucking near the bridge to replace the beat.
Altogether it seems repeatative and lacks a bridge or break.
You did an intersting guitar part at 2:38, but it might stand out more if you eliminate the backing guitar that comes a riff before it, and just let the lead and bass ride.
If you listen to Del Shannon’s “Runaway” which has the same chords at the beginning of the song Am, G, F, E. It then changes up during the chorus to Amaj, A12. -something like that would work here.
Also the snare seems to mimic the guitar in too many spots, it’s like they are both doing the same thing instead complimenting each other, they are echoing themselves. To help remedy this I’d suggest switching the beat up to a 4/4 rockabilly (think Buddy Holly) or (Labamba- Ricky V.)

Hope that helps explain my earlier post.

Keep shinin’

jerm