stretching wave file to the beat

Is there a way to grab a portion of the wave file and stretch it over to put it exactly on the beat without moving the entire wave file with it or creating a gap?

I saw someone do this with pro tools and I was wondering if there was a way to do it with NTrack.

Quote: (rapierce @ Sep. 26 2009, 2:49 PM)

Is there a way to grab a portion of the wave file and stretch it over to put it exactly on the beat without moving the entire wave file with it or creating a gap?

I saw someone do this with pro tools and I was wondering if there was a way to do it with NTrack.

You can drag it, hold the control button or use the cross hairs icon
Quote: (Levi @ Sep. 26 2009, 3:44 PM)

I'm not real experienced with midi but I zoom in and line the hits up to my click track or the accent notes on your main instrument.
Don't think you can stretch it but you can drag it easily enough.

I'm not using midi. Its a guitar track. Its mostly on time, but being human there are a few spots where I didn't play exactly on time. I'd like to just pull it on time, but I don't want to move the entire wave file just the piece I need.

Sorry I had the midi help topic on my mind I guess!
Your fast you replied before I finalized my post lol
Yea just highlight an area before and after that part, use the sissors icon to cut the highlight area.
Then right click on it, ungroup, then click outside the track to finalize grouping, then slide your part or notes.
When your happy, save.
Save often!

Takes a little pratice.
:agree:

You could clone your guitar track and practice on the cloned track.
However you can always undo, and you can always drag your original track to it’s original size if your not doing destructive editing.

the answer is no.

the only way that I know of is to do the splicing method.
I usually bring the grid down to 64ths splice the area around the peak. then move the section of to line up with the beat then pull back the edges of the files to join again.
it might take a couple tries to get to sound natural.
if 64ths is too large then 128ths edits are usually pretty unnoticeable.
then if you want the file to be one. then bounce the track to a single wave file.
I usually do this after I'm finished all my edits.

other than that if you just recorded that part, you can do another take on the offending section.

not a fast method, but gets easier with practice.