Strong evidence of life on Mars

Prepare for the invasion!

The funny part is that they seem to be basing thier claim on measuring certain methane emissions… Ya know --> Farts.

:D

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/mars_life_050216.html

I saw that yesterday. Apparently, it’s not really anything new but they are just more hopeful that they’ll find something.

Of course, I would love it if we found evidence of life on Mars or anywhere else because it would help me to defend my arguments about evolution.

Mr Soul

Quote (Mr Soul @ Feb. 17 2005,10:12)
I saw that yesterday. Apparently, it's not really anything new but they are just more hopeful that they'll find someone.

Of course, I would love it if we found evidence of life on Mars or anywhere else because it would help me to defend my arguments about evolution.

Mr Soul

How? Wouldn't God have created more rather than fewer forms of life?

:)
Quote (TomS @ Feb. 17 2005,10:14)
Quote (Mr Soul @ Feb. 17 2005,10:12)
I saw that yesterday. Apparently, it's not really anything new but they are just more hopeful that they'll find someone.

Mr Soul

How? Wouldn't God have created more rather than fewer forms of life?

:)

Heh. Tom, that's a tough sell, even to my Christian friends. Some of which say "Hogwash! There's nothing out there!" To which I always say "Why not?" "I don't know about your Bible but mine says He made the universe and everything in it." :)

I know if I were He, I'd look at the Earth and go "Yech! What a mess! I'm gonna try someplace else!" :D

TG

Uh-oh… Not another evolution thread.

Wouldn't God have created more rather than fewer forms of life?
Of course but that's not what the fundamentalists think.

Hey John - everthing is about evolution right (but particularly life on Mars) :laugh:

Mr Soul
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's official - TG is the only sane guy around these parts :)

It won’t do any good John! The web, via BWTP IP addresses can transmit posts without you reading them!

BWTP = Brain Wave Transmission Protocol (copyright Microsoft Corporation and the PNAC)

TG

As I said… :)

Quote (teryeah @ Feb. 17 2005,13:36)
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's official - TG is the only sane guy around these parts :)

Oh no that can't be right.........

TG
Quote (gtr4him @ Feb. 17 2005,13:36)
It won't do any good John! The web, via BWTP IP addresses can transmit posts without you reading them!

BWTP = Brain Wave Transmission Protocol (copyright Microsoft Corporation and the PNAC)

TG

Do you have a licensed version of BWTP, or the hacked version that's been floating around? I hear the hacked version has some sort of trojan that installs a "call-home" type thingy into the target that first enables the optical sensors, and then transmits the data collected via the optical sensors back to the originator... It's the human equivalent of gaining access to someone's web-cam...
Scary, indeed.

Hey John,
I recently watched a docmentary on Egypts “Spynx”.
Turns out it’s alot older than originaly expected.
Long story short, they made a comparison to the face on Mars. The two faces had alot of simularities. And they now have no idea who made the original Spynx since it pre-dates any known civilization.
Also it metioned something about a formula for universal intelligence found between the face on Mars and a 5 sided pyramid also found near the face.
Anyway really interesting stuff, especially when your a Christain. Lot’s to think about there.

jerm

Quote (nergle @ Feb. 17 2005,14:46)
Hey John,
I recently watched a docmentary on Egypts "Spynx".
Turns out it's alot older than originaly expected.

Originally expected by whom? The people who built it? :p
No, actually a lot older than the Egyptian geologist, who have their heads up there azzes, thought!

There was the world leading errosion expert in the film, but they weren't hearing any of it.

Anyway I appreciate the no-commet remark on the Christian commet, only wish you could have done the same with the rest.

The film was released by the discovery channel in 1998, FYI.

keep shinin'

jerm

Elvis is in Kalamzoo Michigan, but don’t tell anyone.

Not incidentally, I’m going to Memphis the weekend, to visit Sun (again) and the Stax museum…:smiley:

Who cares where Elvis is! He’s washed up! and has been even years before his death! Now his gospel album, there’s something to admire.

jerm

Quote (nergle @ Feb. 17 2005,17:03)
I hear what you're saying Jerm, and there's long been controversy on the dating of ancient Egypt.

However, it's interesting as to what the cause of the controversy is.

And it's based upon the fact that the dating was originally done to fit in with the Old Testament.

So, you're correct, for a Christian, it is a dilemma; either you accept the latest evidence and reject the Old Testament, or...............

Actually the Egyptian historians in the peice made no mention of the Bible.
In fact they disregard any outside information, and only date things by there own methods of translating scripts and putting events in a timeline consistent with they're own recorded history. (Hence the heads up their azzez comment)But nice try.

Anyway, the Bible is not a historical document. Shure some world events have been anologed in it's many passages, but certainly not a point a to point b text.
When it mentions Egypts dynasty's it's in the context of the period. I doupt there would be any mention of a civilization that pre-dates the then known societys.

If I were writing a book about my era, I would not include the roaring twenties. Not because they didn't exist, but I wasn't there to see it first hand.

The Bible is what it is, either you beleive it or you don't. If one need to find scientific evidence in order to assure they're faith in something, than the faith itself may need work.

Also this was a documentary featuring the worlds leading errosion scientist. How this is a made for TV, peice with sensationalism and all, I just don't get. I guess the meeting they had at the UN, amongst all the world scientist in 1998, a ratings ploy as well?

BTW thanks for the links,

best wishes,

jerm