Studio out takes and bootlegs

Being a “recordist” I like to hear raw, undoctored sessions of my favourite artists etc to hear how songs developed and to hear how things sounded as they were recorded.

I hang around on this site: http://www.tapecity.org/

Primarily it exists to trade and distribute bootlegs… usually live concert footage and audio. Occasionally however a studio outtake comes up that is worth a listen and I thought this time I’d share one over here.

All the stuff on the site is not available on commercial recordings elsewhere (and much of it wouldn’t be up to standard being audience recorded stuff. Look out for SBD - soundboard - stuff for clearer sounds). The site is “policed” and commercial stuff is removed quickly. I don’t advocate music piracy but this stuff is a little different… even geeky.

Anyway, much of the Beatles stuff over there is interesting but often poor quality, but I found a Led Zep boot called “Stairway Sessions” that is a great listen. Lots of “evolutionary” copies of favourites like Stairway and Black Dog in non-lossy compression formats.

Here’s the thread:

http://www.tapecity.org/showthr…ions%22

You’ll need to register to access the torrent files; you’ll need to get a bit torrent downloader (utorrent is good) and KMPlayer is good for FLAC files. Not all the downloads are seeded all the time so if you hang around you may miss something you fancy. Oh, and the posts are in reverse order so the initial post with the details and the torrent in at the very end of the thread rather than the beginning like they are here.

Enjoy, ymmv, etc

X

Hi!!!
Check this out!
<a href= > *

And some more…
<a href= > *

At last…
<a href= > *

Merhaba!
Check this out!
<a href= >,

And some more…
<a href= > *

At last…
<a href= > *

<a href= > *

Coco, Sabrina, and Mario seemed to like it.

Man, am I getting sick of these bot posters. :(

That’s a cool link, X.

(TomS @ Jun. 17 2007,08:48)
Coco, Sabrina, and Mario seemed to like it.

Man, am I getting sick of these bot posters. :(

That's a cool link, X.

When they left my party the other day I insisted they take a cab and go directly home and sleep it off!

They never came back to get their keys so I assumed they were still sleepin' it off...

Now I'm gonna have to call their mothers and tell them thy've been naughty.

keep shinin'

jerm :cool:

Ahlan!
Check this out!
<a href= >,

And some more…
<a href= >,