Stuff for Most of Us

Parts Express

http://www.parts-express.com/home.cfm

I picked up a couple of Harmon Kardon subwoofers from Goodwill for $10 each last week. The nature of the electronics made the onboard amps unusable since the satellite speakers and controls were missing(they were from a 2.1 surround simulation set — .1 without 2. gives zero output no matter what), but the speakers and boxes were in great shape.

Got two 25 watt amps on special for $28 each – regularly $41. They sound MUCH better than I thought they would, so next??? :) Ohhhhh…

Overall PE has great prices (mostly) and super selection for speaker and studio builders. super special prices.

(found a new studio-speaker builders geek heaven)

i run a harmon/kardon avr220 stereo amp out of the computer for all the audio, and i love it. got that, two tower/stand speakers, two smaller speakers (not really satellites) and the sub for $100. love it all, but i don’t know the wattage rating for the amp. plenty for the bedroom.

Hi phoo:

Thank you for that link…

I tried googling for power amp modules… NO GO…
for what I am looking for…
They are called Plate Amplifiers…
EASY…

I need a pair to replace that Peavey M-2600 power amp for the Mid/Upper cabinets…
Now, it looks like four of them/these will do just fine…
Plate Amps
I don’t need that much power, nor…
do I need the mic preamp circuit(s)…
The rule-of-thumb is is double the power for the bottom end…
OR…
half the power for the upper end…
Well…
Buying in excess is not bad…
There’s less chance of failure if the amps are not pushed beyond their limits… They also have a nice stand alone preamp on their page…
Stand Alone Preamp
It’s not extravagant but it has enough line level inputs…

Toys for audio boys…
:peace:
:whistle:
:)

Bill…

Hey…

Look at these…

I need four of them…

They’ll knock your socks off…
:)
:laugh:

Bill…

Since we’re dreamin’ here. I want this.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Aug. 31 2009, 8:16 PM)

Since we're dreamin' here. I want this.

Well Pops... I checked with the wife. We're all out of wrapping paper. So you'll just have to wait...

D

Did you notice the ceiling profile in the drum room photo ?

Did you see the amp closet as well… Well…

What do you suppose the price was before the crash?

Bill…